This Recipe includes
|Beef chuck or any other cut of beef|
|Chopped or sliced white onion|
|Chopped fresh or frozen carrots|
|Chopped fresh or frozen celery|
Spices and flavoring ingredients:
|Garlic powder or crushed garlic cloves|
|Beef liquid stock or beef cube stock in water|
|Butter for flavor|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
- You don’t need high-end cuts of meat, boneless beef chuck is perfect when making a stew, since it is affordable and ideal for long, slow cooking or pressure cooking.
- Celery, leeks and turnips are traditional ingredients in a French beef stew, but don’t hesitate to throw in other vegetables like spinach, potatoes, etc.
- The longer the beef stew cooks, the more juicy it will be, so let it naturally release the pressure once the Instant pot finishes.
Why we love it
Beef stew with vegetables is a great one-pot meal that can be prepared quickly and easily for a weeknight dinner. It is also a great way to use up any vegetables that you have in the house.
This beef and vegetable stew is inspired by the traditional French pot-au-feu, but instead of cooking for long hours, we have the Instant pot. The ingredients are placed in a large cooking pot and are heated until just before boiling point. It is a warming stew with a lovely broth that also serves as a soup, perfect for that cold winter day.
What to serve with it?
Beef stew with vegetables goes very well with plain rice, as well as pilaf or brown rice. You can also serve it with steamed potatoes, mashed potatoes or tagliatelle pasta.
How to store it?
This beef stew keeps quite well, and you can easily put aside portions in a container and put in the freezer. Let it cool, and then place in an airtight glass container.
Beef stew with vegetables in Instant Pot
- 2 pounds of beef cuts approx. 8-10 pieces of beef
- 1 white onion chopped up
- 3 carrots sliced
- 2 chopped celery sticks
- 3 chopped leeks
- Optional 1 chopped turnip
- 1 garlic clove chopped up
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 2 sprigs of parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup of water or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and peel all the vegetables.
- Add the beef and the rest of the ingredients and set the Instant Pot to High Pressure for 15 minutes.
- Once the countdown has finished, let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes.
- Let the beef stew rest for 10 minutes on the Keep Warm function.
- Taste to add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve while warm.
Other beef recipes
If you enjoyed that, check out our other delicious Instant pot recipes that are quick and easy. Bon appétit!