This Recipe includes
|Beef meatballs – fresh or frozen beef meatballs|
|Mushrooms – white button or cremini (brown) mushrooms, but you can also use oysters mushrooms.|
|(Optional) Spinach – frozen spinach for nutrients|
Spices and flavoring ingredients:
|Garlic powder or flakes for flavor|
|Crème fraiche – crème fraiche or any type of heavy cream|
|Beef liquid stock or beef cube stock in water|
|Butter for flavor|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
- If using frozen meatballs, use frozen mushrooms as well, otherwise the mushrooms will overcook compared to the meatballs.
- You don’t need to defrost the mushrooms or meatballs, the Instant Pot will adjust the time automatically.
Why we love it
Meatballs are the perfect quick and easy meal for busy and active weeknight dinner. You can put them in almost any sauce. With this meatball recipe however, you are sure to get your dose of nutrients and veggies in as well.
And by cooking the recipe in the Instant pot, this one dish meal can be prepared quickly without having to “watch the stove”. And who doesn’t love that?!
In addition, this recipe is the perfect vehicle for a range of different veggies. I have added frozen spinach as an option, but you can also add brocolli, kale, carrots, or any other veggie that you have on hand, if you wish.
The mushroom sauce is simple and quick to make, but it packs a punch in terms of flavour.
What to serve with it?
These Instant pot meatballs in mushroom sauce go really well with mashed potatoes, as well as tagliatelle pasta.
You can also serve it with rice if you prefer, my favorite is long-grain brown rice or wild rice. (I usually have my rice cooker going at the same time.)
How to store it?
If you want to prepare this meatballs in mushroom sauce dish in advance and store it, I recommend letting it cool and placing it in an airtight glass container. It should last at least 2-3 days in the fridge.
- 15-20 large beef mushrooms (fresh or frozen)*
- 2 cups of sliced white or oyster mushrooms (fresh or frozen)*
- 1 cup of beef stock
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 20cl of crème fraiche (approx. 3/4 cup of heavy cream)
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- (Optional) 1 cup of frozen spinach
- Add all the ingredients to the Instant pot (except the heavy cream) and set to Manual High Pressure for 7 minutes.
- Once the countdown has finished, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes.
- Open the Instant pot and stir in the heavy cream.
- Press the Sauté button for around 5 minutes to make sure the heavy cream cooks into the sauce.
- Serve while warm.
* If using frozen meatballs, use frozen mushrooms as well, otherwise the mushrooms will overcook compared to the meatballs. You don't need to defrost the mushrooms or meatballs, the Instant Pot will adjust the time automatically.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 667Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 274mgSodium: 505mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 61g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other meatball recipes
- Meatball quesadilla in a sour cream sauce
- Meatball burritos with garlic yogurt sauce
- Air fryer meatballs
If you enjoyed that, check out our other simple Instant pot recipes that are quick and easy to make. Bon appétit!