This Recipe includes
|Meatballs – any type of meatballs will do, beef, pork, chicken, lamb, or even turkey.
|Spinach – I’ve used fresh baby spinach, but you can also use fresh spinach, kale, lettuce, mâche, etc.
|Can of corn – to mix into the sauce for added texture
|Tortillas – 8-10 small-medium sized burritos
For the sauce:
|Greek yogurt – regular or low fat greek yogurt
|Garlic powder or flakes
|Paprika – for a hint of spice
|Lemon juice – freshly squeezed lemon juice for flavor
|Salt and pepper
Why we love it
If you’re looking for dinner ideas and would like to serve food that doesn’t require any complicated kitchen skills, meatball burritos are a great choice. They come together quickly, but they’re a fun twist on traditional meatball sandwich.
I like to cook the meatballs with a bit of spinach on the side, so that everyone gets at least some of their veggies in.
In addition, for a bit of tang, I’ve also added canned corn into the sauce for added texture. Canned corn is already cooked so you don’t need to recook it, but you can heat it for a minute in the microwave if you wish.
With the sauce and the filling ready, just wrap the tortillas and your delicious meatball burritos are ready to be served.
What to serve with it?
You can serve the meatball burritos with a side salad or some grains like baked beans or rice. You could also serve it with some pureed vegetable soup such as a carrot and potato soup.
How to store it?
If you want to freeze meatball and spinach mix, I recommend letting it cool and placing it in an airtight glass container.
The garlic sauce will not do well however if it is frozen, but you can put it in a jar in the fridge and it should keep for around a couple of weeks.
Healthy Meatball burritos
- 20-25 medium-sized meatballs
- 8-10 small-medium sized tortillas
- 1 cup of greek yogurt
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup of canned corn
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Place the meatballs in a baking tray and cook for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the greek yogurt in with the salt, pepper, garlic, paprika, and lemon juice.
- Drain the water from the can of corn, and mix the corn into the greek yogurt mixture.
- Once the meatballs have been cooked for 15 minutes, take the baking tray out of the oven and add in the spinach along with the meatballs.
- Place the baking tray back in the oven for 10 minutes until the meatballs looked cooked.
- Take the baking tray out of the oven, and lightly toss the spinach so that the meat sauces can be absorbed into it.
- Cut each meatball in half or quarters.
- On a fry pan, lightly heat the each tortilla for 1-2 minutes before placing flat on a plate.
- Spread some of the garlic sauce and corn across the tortilla, and then top off with some meatball and spinach filling.
- Close the burrito and serve warm.
Please note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual.
You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other meatball recipes
- Instant Pot Beef Meatballs in mushroom sauce
- Meatball quesadilla in a sour cream sauce
- Air fryer meatballs
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make in an Instant pot. Bon appétit!