Instant pot carrot and potato soup
Get the recipe for this healthy and nutritious carrot and potato soup, made easily in the Instant pot. With tips, accompaniments, and more.
This Recipe includes
|Carrots – fresh or frozen carrots|
|Onion – white or pearl onion|
|Potatoes – any type of medium-sized potatoes to make the soup thicker (eg. yukon gold potatoes or russet potatoes).|
Spices and flavoring ingredients:
|Garlic – crushed cloves garlic, but you can also use garlic powder or flakes if you are in a hurry|
|Ginger powder – for flavor|
|Stock broth – vegetable or chicken liquid stock for flavor, but you can also use water with a cube stock.|
|Olive oil – to cook the garlic|
|Sherry – for a touch of sweet and sour. Alternative, you can replace this with apple cider vinegar.|
|Dried basil – for herb flavor and decoration|
|(Optional) Sriracha sauce – for a bit of spice|
|(Optional) Heavy cream – any type of plain heavy cream or crême fraïche|
|Salt and pepper|
Why we love it
The Instant pot was made for soups. If you are looking to get away from store-bought soups that are filled with sodium, there is nothing like the Instant pot (and a hand blender) to make a hearty delicious soup quickly.
Filled with nutrients, this vegetarian carrot and potato soup makes a wonderful addition to any lunch or dinner. Now there are some carrot soup recipes that use heavy cream instead of potatoes to bulk up the soup. I prefer potatoes, since they have a lot of nutrients, and it makes the soup more filling.
If you choose however, you can of course add a bit of heavy cream for flavor, or even some sour cream if you are looking for a vegan version.
What to serve with it?
This carrot and potato soup can be served as a starter or as a side with a salad. Consider a quinoa salad with feta or a chicken chickpea salad for a wholesome and healthy meal.
How to store it?
You can make this carrot and potato soup in advance, and it is possible to freeze it. You can easily put aside portions in a container and put in the freezer.
Let it cool, and then place in a single serving airtight glass container. (Use a single serving container, because bacteria will build up if you try to freeze and reheat multiple times.)
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
Instant pot carrot and potato soup
An easy carrot soup with potato recipe, made in the Instant pot.
- 8–10 large carrots
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 2 medium-sized potatoes
- 1 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1 1/2 cups of vegetable broth
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- pinch of dried basil for decoration
- (Optional) 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- (Optional) 4 tablespoons of heavy cream
- Wash and peel the potatoes, and cut into quarters.
- Wash and hull the carrots, and cut into quarters.
- In the instant pot, sauté the garlic in the olive oil for a couple of minutes.
- Place the rest of the ingredients (except the basil and heavy cream) in the Instant Pot and set on High Pressure for 15 minutes.
- When done, let it natural release and cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Using an electric hand blender, mix until smooth.
- Scoop the soup into your serving bowls and season with a pinch of dried basil and/or 1 tablespoon of heavy cream in each bowl.
- Serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1723Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 2896mgCarbohydrates: 395gFiber: 141gSugar: 163gProtein: 37g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic starter recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!