This Recipe includes
- Eggs – to make a egg scramble filling
- Mushrooms – any type of mushrooms such as white button or cremini (brown) mushrooms. You can also use shitake or button mushrooms.
- Tortilla wraps – large flour or whole wheat tortilla wraps
- Spinach – I’ve used fresh spinach, but you can also use fresh baby spinach, kale, lettuce, mâche, etc. (It will not be possible to use frozen spinach in this recipe, as the wrap will not hold.)
- Olive oil – to cook the spinach and mushrooms
Spices and flavoring ingredients:
- Greek yogurt – regular or low fat greek yogurt
- Ricotta – regular or low fat ricotta. You can also use cottage cheese as an alternative
- Garlic – garlic flakes or garlic powder
- Lemon juice – for a taste of tangy flavor
- Paprika – for a slight taste smoky flavor
Why we love it
If you are looking for a quick breakfast or lunch on the go, this spinach mushroom and egg wrap is sure to fit the bill. With plenty of protein and veggies, it is the perfect combination of flavors and nutrients.
And you likely already have all the ingredients at home. The sauce is a creamy white garlic sauce which gives the wrap an extra zing of flavor. In fact, your friends and family might like it so much, they may even ask for it again at dinner!
Now, if you are not sure how to properly fold a wrap, I have included instructions below. Place the filling in the center and then fold the two edges towards the center so that filling holds inside.
Then roll the bottom part of the tortilla towards the center, finally bringing the top portion over it to close the wrap. You can then slice it in half to serve.
Frequently asked questions
1. What to serve with it?
This delicious spinach and egg wrap can be served by itself, or with a side like air fryer sweet potato wedges.
2. Can you prepare it in advance?
Yes, you can prepare this spinach and egg wrap a few hours in advance, and leave it in the fridge. When ready to eat, you can eat it as is or warm it back up in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
If you like this recipe
- 3 cups of fresh spinach
- 4 large sized tortillas
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups of mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of ricotta
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- pinch of salt and pepper
- In a large skillet or wok, cook the spinach and mushrooms for 5 minutes in the olive oil at low heat. (If using frozen, cook for 5-10 minutes longer.)
- In a bowl, mix the greek yogurt in with the salt, pepper, garlic, paprika, and lemon juice.
- Once the spinach and mushrooms are cooked, crack open the eggs and fold into the skillet at low heat to make an egg scramble.
- On a fry pan, lightly heat the each tortilla for 1-2 minutes before placing flat on a plate.
- Spread some of the garlic sauce across the wrap, and then top off with some spinach, mushroom, and egg filling.
- Close the wrap and serve warm.
This recipe counts 1 wrap per person, but you can adjust quantities as you wish.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 372Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 284mgSodium: 408mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 23g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!