This Recipe includes
|Eggs – to make a egg scramble filling|
|Spinach – I’ve used fresh baby spinach, but you can also use fresh spinach, kale, lettuce, mâche, etc.|
|Mushrooms – any type of mushrooms such as white button, cremini (brown), shitake or button mushrooms.|
|Olive oil – to cook the spinach and mushrooms|
|Tortilla wraps – large flour or whole wheat tortilla wraps|
Spices and flavoring ingredients:
|Greek yogurt – regular or low fat greek yogurt|
|Ricotta – regular or low fat ricotta. You can also use cottage cheese as an alternative|
|Garlic powder or flakes|
|Paprika – for a hint of spice|
|Lemon juice – freshly squeezed lemon juice for flavor|
|Salt and pepper|
Why we love it
If you are looking for a quick breakfast or lunch on the go, this spinach mushroom and egg wrap is sure to fit the bill. With plenty of protein and veggies, it is the perfect combination of flavors and nutrients.
While we all love chicken wraps, cooking chicken takes much more time if you are in a hurry. This egg, mushroom and spinach wrap will be much quicker to prepare, and is just as filling and nutritious.
And you likely already have all the ingredients at home. The sauce is a creamy white garlic sauce which gives the wrap an extra zing of flavor. In fact, your friends and family might like it so much, they may even ask for it again at dinner!
Now, if you are not sure how to properly fold a wrap, I have included instructions below. Place the filling in the center and then fold the two edges towards the center so that filling holds inside.
Then roll the bottom part of the tortilla towards the center, finally bringing the top portion over it to close the wrap. You can then slice it in half to serve.
What to serve with it?
How to store it?
You can easily prepare this spinach and egg wrap a few hours in advance, and leave it in the fridge. When ready to eat, you can eat it as is or warm it back up in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Spinach mushroom egg wrap
- 3 cups of fresh spinach
- 4 large sized tortillas
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups of mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of ricotta
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- pinch of salt and pepper
- In a large skillet or wok, cook the spinach and mushrooms for 5 minutes in the olive oil at low heat. (If using frozen, cook for 5-10 minutes longer.)
- In a bowl, mix the greek yogurt in with the salt, pepper, garlic, paprika, and lemon juice.
- Once the spinach and mushrooms are cooked, crack open the eggs and fold into the skillet at low heat to make an egg scramble.
- On a fry pan, lightly heat the each tortilla for 1-2 minutes before placing flat on a plate.
- Spread some of the garlic sauce across the wrap, and then top off with some spinach, mushroom, and egg filling.
- Close the wrap and serve warm.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!