This Recipe includes
- Plain waffles – plain eggo waffles (or any other brand) are preferable, rather than a flavored version.
- Smoked salmon – smoked salmon, tuna or trout all work well.
- Cream cheese – Philadelphia cream cheese is used, but I have also used greek yogurt for a lower fat version
- Garlic – garlic powder to flavor the cream cheese, but you can use crushed garlic if you don’t have garlic powder
- Lemon juice – for a bit of tang
- Parsley – 2-3 sprigs of chopped parsley
Why we love it
Waffles are one of my favorite breakfast foods, so I often look for new and interesting ways to prepare them.
If you’re looking for a healthy and delicious breakfast or lunch, this smoked salmon waffle recipe will certainly check a lot of the boxes. The recipe is perfect for those busy days, as it requires only a few ingredients and minimal prep time, with tasty results.
The secret is in the cream cheese sauce, which with a few ingredients, can go from ordinary to delicious in a few short minutes. Just top the waffle off with the sauce and salmon, and you have a meal that is bound to please.
Other variations of this sandwich is to switch up the toppings on the waffle with scrambled egg and cheese.
Frequently asked questions
1. What to serve with it?
You can serve it with any sort of salad or vegetable, I usually serve it with green beans or peas. I also like serving it with a simple baby spinach salad or a feta green salad .
2. Can you prepare it in advance?
Yes, smoked salmon waffles do quite well in the fridge, and you can prepare it in advance and leave it for a few hours before you wish to eat it.
If you decide to heat it later in the microwave, just leave the salmon off, otherwise you will have cooked salmon instead of smoked salmon!
If you like this recipe
- 8 medium-sized plain waffles
- 6-8 slices of smoked salmon
- 1 cup of cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2-3 sprigs of chopped parsley
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Cook the waffles in the toaster oven.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese in with the salt, pepper, garlic, and lemon juice.
- Chop the parsley into small pieces and mix it into the cream cheese spread.
- Place the waffles flat on a plate, and spread some cream cheese spread on each one.
- Top the waffles with the smoked salmon.
- Add a waffle on top to serve as a sandwich or serve it as an open-faced sandwich.
- Enjoy while waffle is warm.
This recipe counts 2 waffles per person, but you can adjust quantities as you wish.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 461Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 3700mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 36g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that are easy to make. Bon appétit!