Smoked salmon canapés
An easy french appetizer, smoked salmon canapés make for delicious finger foods at a party. Get the recipe that takes 10 minutes or less, tips, and more.
This Recipe includes
|Blinis or mini toasts – bite sized blinis, toasts, or crackers that are available in most grocery stores.|
|Smoked salmon – you can also use smoked tuna, smoked trout or cooked shrimp.|
|Lemon juice – to give the cream cheese a touch of zest.|
|Cream cheese – any type of plain cream cheese such as Philadelphia cream cheese, fromage blanc or ricotta.|
|Parsley or chives – fresh parsley or chives work best, but you can also use dried.|
|Garlic powder – for extra flavor|
|Salt and pepper|
Why we love it
Smoked salmon canapés are a quick and easy appetizer to make, and it makes a great finger food for any party. They go down so well, you know it is going to leave your guests asking for more.
The ingredients are simple: smoked salmon, cream cheese, and the mini toasts base. I like to use blinis, but you can also use mini toasts or crackers.
You can also use ordinary sliced bread. Cut the edges off first, and then cut it into small quarters. Once you have your quarters, bake in the oven for 5 minutes for a mini toast.
There are many other options that you can use to prepare canapés for your event or party, and indeed, you may want to have a variety of different types to serve. Some examples are:
- cold shrimp
- cold chicken
- smoked ham (prosciutto or jambon cru)
- button mushrooms and tarragon
- cucumber and sprig of mint
- cherry tomatoes and feta
- goat cheese and fig
- apricot and goat cheese
- crushed tomatoes and red onions (bruschetta style)
What to serve with it?
Champagne and sparkling white wine is always a big hit with canapés, but if you prefer a cheaper option to champagne, try a prosecco or crémant de Loire.
Both are sparkling wines with a similar production process to champagne, but much lighter on your wallet. And for the kids, you can’t go wrong with a apple juice!
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
Smoked salmon canapés
Smoked salmon canapés are an easy appetizer that can be put together very quickly, and enjoyed by all.
- 16 blinis or mini toasts
- 1 tub of cream cheese
- 5-6 slices of smoked salmon
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1-2 sprigs of chopped up fresh parsley or chives
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Arrange the blinis on a microwavable plate and microwave for 40 seconds.
- In a mixing bowl scoop out a portion of cream cheese.
- Mix in the salt, pepper, garlic powder, lemon juice, and chopped herbs.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out a portion of cream cheese and place it on each blini.
- Cut the smoked salmon into small pieces.
- Place the small ribbons of smoked salmon onto each blini, on top of the cream cheese.
- Serve immediately or while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 154Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 772mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 10g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic starters and appetizers. Bon appétit!