This Recipe includes
|Blinis or mini toasts – bite sized blinis, toasts, or crackers that are available in most grocery stores.|
|Prosciutto ham – Prosciutto ham or any type of thin smoked ham like jamon serrano or bresaola will do.|
|Green salad – small green salad leaves such as baby spinach or mâche salad.|
|Lemon juice – to give the cream cheese a touch of zest.|
|Cream cheese – any type of plain cream cheese such as Philadelphia cream cheese, fromage blanc or ricotta.|
|Parsley or chives – fresh parsley or chives work best, but you can also use dried.|
|Garlic powder – for extra flavor|
|Salt and pepper|
Why we love it
If you are looking for a small easy appetizer to serve at a cocktail or dinner party, these prosciutto canapés may be just what you are looking for.
Prepared in 10 minutes or less, these prosciutto canapes make for delightful finger foods that are elegant and delectable enough to impress any guest. They are quite useful as a quick bite to serve with drinks or as a nice snack to have on hand when you need your friends and family to hold you over until dinner time.
Prosciutto is a cured ham that is a staple in Italian cuisine, and it is thin enough to easily form shapes and hold on a tiny piece of blini or mini toast.
With a seasoned cream cheese sauce that serves as a dressing, this is one appetizer that comes together very quickly and is sure to leave all your guests wanting more.
What to serve with it?
These prosciutto canapés go very well with Prosecco or other sparkling white wines. You can also serve it with a chilled rosé for a lovely pairing.
Can you prepare it in advance?
Prosciutto ham canapés can be prepared a few hours in advance, just leave them in the fridge and take them out 15 minutes before you are ready to serve so that they get to room temperature.
- 16 blinis or mini toasts
- 1 tub of cream cheese
- 5-6 slices of prosciutto ham
- 1 cup of green salad leaves baby spinach, mache, etc.
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1-2 sprigs of chopped up fresh parsley or chives
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Arrange the blinis on a microwavable plate and microwave for 40 seconds.
- Top each blini with a small green salad leaf.
- In a mixing bowl scoop out a portion of cream cheese.
- Mix in the salt, pepper, garlic powder, lemon juice, and chopped herbs.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out a portion of cream cheese and place it on each blini and salad leaf.
- Cut the prosciutto ham into small pieces.
- Place the small ribbons of smoked salmon onto each blini, on top of the cream cheese.
- Serve immediately or while warm.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic starters and appetizers. Bon appétit!