This Recipe includes
- Cucumber – long green cucumbers such as the English cucumber or American (garden) cucumber.
- Tarama – any sort of greek tarama or fish roe.
- Greek yogurt – regular or low fat greek yogurt
- Lemon juice – to give the cream cheese a touch of zest.
- Garlic powder – for a tangy flavor
- Dill – fresh dill works best, but you can also use dried dill if you are in a hurry
- Paprika – smoked paprika for flavor
Why we love it
Inspired by Greek cuisine, these cucumber bites are the perfect combination of freshness and flavor. These make a great appetizer for parties or just a snack before dinner with friends and family.
Alternating with fish tarama and a homemade tzatziki sauce, they also add a visual pop of color to any party table. And have I mentioned they are healthy and delicious?
Crisp and refreshing, they can be made in 10-minutes or less and are a perfect summertime treat sure to leave your guests wanting more. .
Frequently asked questions
1. What to serve with it?
These tarama and tzatziki cucumber bites go quite well with a light white sparkling wine or rosé or even white (blanche) beer.
2. Can you prepare it in advance?
The cucumber bites will get soggy prepared more than a couple of hours in advance, so I wouldn’t prepare them too early. Keep them in the fridge after you do make them, and take them out 10 minutes before you are ready to serve so that they get to room temperature.
If you like this recipe
You may also like:
- Prosciutto ham canapés
- Smoked salmon canapés
- Savory vegetable cake
- Flammkuchen (German Pizza)
- Fresh spring rolls with seafood
- 1-2 long cucumbers
- 1 cup of tarama
- 1 cup of greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1-2 sprigs of chopped up fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Wash the cucumber and slice into thin 0.5in slices.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl scoop out a portion of the greek yogurt.
- Mix in the salt, pepper, garlic powder, lemon juice, and chopped herbs and spices to make the tzatziki.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out a portion of tzatziki and place it on each cucumber slice. Alternate with the tarama sauce until the pla.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 86Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 28mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic starters and appetizers. Bon appétit!