This Recipe includes
|Scallops – fresh scallops, drained and patted dry. (St. James shell or Coquilles St. Jacques in French).|
|Shallots – a type of onion that has a more delicate, slightly sweet flavor with a touch of sharpness.|
|Olive oil – traditional ingredient in Mediterranean cuisine as a base for the sauce.|
|Butter – for flavor|
|Garlic – you can use crushed garlic or garlic powder if you are in a hurry.|
|Lemon juice – to add a bit of tang to the sauce.|
|Basil – for added flavor.|
|(Optional) breadcrumbs or parmesan cheese for a gluten-free version.|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
- If you have frozen scallops let them thaw for about an hour before cooking.
Why we love it
If you’re looking for an easy seafood recipe that’s packed with flavor, this scallops with garlic and parsley is your answer. The tender scallops are bathed in a rich, buttery garlic sauce that’s brightened with fresh parsley.
It is a creamy, flavorful starter that’s as elegant as it is easy to prepare. Now I’ve placed the scallops in a traditional seashell dish for added oomph, but you can obviously bake it directly in a baking tray.
What to serve with it?
If you are serving the scallops as a starter, serve it with some bread like a baguette to mop up all that lovely sauce. For a main dish, consider a mushroom risotto or a garlic spaghetti to complement the scallops.
How to store it?
If you would like to prepare baked scallops in advance, I would recommend preparing it in a bake pan and leaving it like that in the fridge. Then when you are ready to cook them, you can place them in the oven and bake them directly.
- 4 scallops drained and patted dry in open shell
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 of a grated shallot
- Add two sprigs of basil (or 5-6 leaves)
- Few sprigs of fresh parsley (6-7 leaves)
- (Optional) Breadcrumbs
- Soften the butter and mix in the grated shallots in a saucepan at a low temperature.
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, crushed garlic, salt, pepper, basil and 4 leaves of parsley in the blender.
- Bring the mixture to a boil for 5 minutes while mixing.
- Place the scallops on the shells and add prepared sauce on top.
- Sprinkle the rest of the parsley on top of the sauce and the scallops.
- Bake the scallops in the oven for 15 minutes at 200C (400F°) until it turns golden brown.
- Serve while warm.
The above quantities are for 1 serving of scallops per person. Adjust quantities if you wish to serve more.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 132mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other seafood recipes
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic starter recipes that are easy to make. Bon appétit!