This Recipe includes
|Salmon – fresh cutlets of salmon.|
|Vegetable oil with a high smoking point like avocado, sunflower, or peanut oil.|
|Garlic powder or flakes|
|Lemon – for the lemon juice|
|Coriander – dried coriander or 2-3 sprigs of fresh coriander|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
- If using frozen salmon, let it defrost for at least 30 minutes beforehand.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F (180°C) before cooking the salmon. This helps to ensure that the salmon cooks evenly and becomes crispy on the outside.
Why we love it
There is nothing like the taste of fresh and crispy salmon. And if you are into healthy eating, this air fryer salmon steak recipe is the way to go.
Fish in general is more delicate than meat, and you don’t want to overcook it. So cooking it at a lower temperature is crucial.
But compared to traditional pan frying which you have to watch over, you can set the air fryer to go do something else while the air fryer gives you perfectly crispy salmon in just minutes.
What to serve with it?
How to store it?
You can store any leftovers of this air fryer salmon steak for at least a couple of days in the fridge, in an airtight container. When ready to eat, just put them back on the air fryer at 360°F (180°C) for 5-7 minutes to make it crispy again.
- 2-3 pieces of salmon (1 1/2 - 2 inches thick)
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried coriander
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the spices, oil, and lemon juice together.
- Add the salmon steak into the bowl and cover each one generously with the spice mixture.
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 360°F (180°C).
- Place the salmon steaks in air fryer basket for 15 minutes, flipping the salmon every 10 minutes or so. (Don't overcrowd the basket, make in batches as necessary).
- Open the air fryer to see if the salmon steaks are crispy enough for you, and heat them for a couple more minutes if you wish.
- Serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 769Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 36gCholesterol: 215mgSodium: 248mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 76g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other seafood recipes
- Fresh spring rolls with seafood
- Tuna wheat berry salad with balsamic vinaigrette
- Creamy scallops gratin (starter)
- Smoked Salmon taquitos with creamy sauce
If you enjoyed that, check out our other delicious air fryer recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!