Air Fryer Breaded Alaskan Cod
Perfect for dinner, this simple and healthy breaded alaskan cod made in the air fryer is one the whole family will love. With accompaniments, tips, and more.
This Recipe includes
|Alaskan cod – you can use any type of fish, but I’m using alaskan cod for its mild flavor and delicate texture.|
|Vegetable oil with a high smoking point like avocado, sunflower, or peanut oil.|
|Eggs – to bind the breadcrumbs|
|Flour – to coat the fish for a crunchy flavor.|
|Breadcrumbs – any type of breadcrumbs, such as panko, fresh toasted, etc.|
Spices and flavoring ingredients:
|Lemons – fresh yellow lemon for juice.|
|Garlic – garlic powder or flakes for the spice rub.|
|Onion powder – for a bit more flavor in the spice rub.|
|(Optional) Paprika – smoked paprika for a bit of heat.|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
Why we love it
If you are looking for a healthier version of fried cod or store-bought breaded fish, this delicious breaded alaskan cod recipe is for you. This healthy meal is perfect for the whole family, especially if you’re looking to make better food choices at home, with less oil and preservatives.
The only thing to remember about cooking in the air fryer is to not overcrowd the cooking basket. So you may have to work in batches, if you are feeding a lot of people. Just coat each fish filet with the flour, egg mixture, and breadcrumbs and and then pop them into the air fryer in turns.
What to serve with it?
Breaded alaskan cod can be served alongside a sauce like hollandaise sauce.
It can also be served with a salad or a potato dish like cheesy mashed potatoes or air fryer garlic fries. Other options are rice, quinoa, or bulger.
How to store it?
You can prepare this breaded alaskan cod in advance, and leave it in the fridge. When ready to eat, just put the fish back in the air fryer at 380°F (190°C) for 5-7 minutes to make it crispy again.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
Air fryer breaded alaskan cod
An easy recipe to make delicious alaskan cod in the air fryer fast.
- 8 pieces of fresh alaskan cod
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1-2 eggs
- 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- (Optional) 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 lemon for decoration
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Lay the alaskan cod out on a paper towel and pat them dry.
- Create a breading station for the fish with 3 bowls.
- In the 1st bowl add the flour.
- In the 2nd bowl whisk together the egg with the salt and pepper.
- In the 3rd bowl add the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, and optional spices.
- First dip the fish in the flour, then dip in the egg mixture, and finally dip in the breadcrumbs.
- Spray the oil in your air fryer basket and preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Spread the alaskan cod into the air fryer basket and set the time to 10 minutes.
- Open the air fryer to see if they are crispy enough for you, and heat them for a couple more minutes if you wish.
- Decorate with a slice of lemon and serve while warm.
This recipe counts 2 pieces of fish per person. You can adjust the quantities as you wish.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 349Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 118mgSodium: 289mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 19g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other seafood recipes
- Fresh spring rolls with seafood
- Tuna wheat berry salad with balsamic vinaigrette
- Creamy scallops gratin (starter)
If you enjoyed that, check out our other delicious air fryer recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!