This Recipe includes
- Potatoes – you can use any type of potatoes, but the best types for crispy french fries are yukon gold potatoes or russet potatoes as they are more dense and have less moisture in them.
- Garlic – garlic powder or flakes for the spice rub.
- Paprika – smoked paprika for a bit of heat.
- Parsley – dried or fresh parsley for decoration.
- Vegetable oil – any type of vegetable oil with a high smoking point like avocado, sunflower, or peanut oil. (Do not use olive oil as it has a low smoking point and will set off smoke in your air fryer.)
Why we love it
We all love French fries, but no one wants to deal with the oily mess that is involved when making French fries at home. Until the air fryer came around, that is.
These delicious air fryer garlic fries are packed with flavor, using only a tiny amount of oil. And because we’re making them at home, we can add a few spices along the way to take that ordinary French fry to the next level.
The main thing to remember when cooking in the air fryer is to not over crowd the basket. In addition, you do occasionally have to toss the basket so that the garlic fries cook evenly. You may have to cook the fries in batches if you are cooking for a lot of people.
Frequently asked questions
1. What to serve with it?
Air fryer garlic fries make a delicious and easy side dish that you can serve with just about anything. A couple of ideas include serving them with a main dish like baked lemon pork chops with mushrooms or oven-roasted bbq chicken drumsticks.
2. Can you prepare it in advance?
Yes, you can prepare air fryer garlic fries in advance, and leave them in the fridge. When ready to eat, just put them back in the air fryer at 380°F (190°C) for 5 minutes to make them crispy again.
If you like this recipe
- 4-5 medium size potatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons avocado or sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Cut the potatoes into long strips or wedges. (You can leave the potato skins on.)
- Lay the potato fries out on a kitchen towel or on paper towels and pat them dry.
- Place them in a bowl and add the oil and spices.
- Mix around so that the potatoes are fully coated.
- Then preheat your air fryer to 380°F (190°C).
- Spread the fries into the air fryer basket and set the time to 20 minutes, shaking the basket frequently. Don't stack the fries, or they won’t cook evenly. You can prepare the fries in batches if necessary.
- Open the air fryer to see if they are crunchy enough for you, and heat them for a couple more minutes if you wish.
- Serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 45mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other delicious air fryer recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!