Air fryer garlic fries
Get the recipe for air fryer garlic fries that make a delicious side dish for any meal. With tips, accompaniment ideas, and more.
This Recipe includes
|Potatoes – you can use any type of potatoes|
|Vegetable oil with a high smoking point like avocado, sunflower, or peanut oil.|
|Garlic powder or flakes|
|Paprika – smoked paprika for a bit of heat.|
|Parsley – dried or fresh parsley for decoration.|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
Type of potatoes
You can use any type of potatoes, but the best types for crispy french fries are yukon gold potatoes or russet potatoes as they are more dense and have less moisture in them.
Why we love it
We all love French fries, but no one wants to deal with the oily mess that is involved when making French fries at home. Until the air fryer came around, that is.
These delicious air fryer garlic fries are packed with flavor, using only a tiny amount of oil. And because we’re making them at home, we can add a few spices along the way to take that ordinary French fry to the next level.
The main thing to remember when cooking in the air fryer is to not over crowd the basket. In addition, you do occasionally have to toss the basket so that the garlic fries cook evenly. You may have to cook the fries in batches if you are cooking for a lot of people.
What to serve with it?
Air fryer garlic fries make a delicious and easy side dish that you can serve with just about anything. A couple of ideas include serving them with a main dish like baked lemon pork chops with mushrooms or oven-roasted bbq chicken drumsticks.
How to store it?
You can easily prepare these air fryer garlic fries in advance, and leave them in the fridge. When ready to eat, just put them back in the air fryer at 380°F (190°C) for 5 minutes to make them crispy again.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
Air fryer garlic fries
An easy recipe to make delicious garlic french fries in the air fryer fast.
- 4-5 medium size potatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons avocado or sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Cut the potatoes into long strips or wedges. (You can leave the potato skins on.)
- Lay the potato fries out on a kitchen towel or on paper towels and pat them dry.
- Place them in a bowl and add the oil and spices.
- Mix around so that the potatoes are fully coated.
- Then preheat your air fryer to 380°F (190°C).
- Spread the fries into the air fryer basket and set the time to 20 minutes, shaking the basket frequently. Don't stack the fries, or they won’t cook evenly. You can prepare the fries in batches if necessary.
- Open the air fryer to see if they are crunchy enough for you, and heat them for a couple more minutes if you wish.
- Serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 45mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other potato recipes:
- Sarladaise potatoes with mushrooms and peas
- Aligot (cheesy mashed potatoes)
- Potato mushroom casserole
- Cheesy potatoes au gratin
If you enjoyed that, check out our other delicious air fryer recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!