This Recipe includes
|Eggplants – 2-3 medium-size eggplants (aubergine)|
|Vegetable oil with a high smoking point like avocado, sunflower, or peanut oil.|
|Garlic powder or flakes|
|Paprika – smoked paprika for a bit of heat.|
|Parsley – dried or fresh parsley for decoration.|
|Thyme – dried thyme for flavor|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
Why we love it
Putting eggplant in the air fryer is one of those recipes that brings out the best in this vegetable. Crispy on the outside, but moist and tender on the inside, it retains its chewiness that makes it such a popular alternative to meat-based dishes.
Now, I don’t usually remove the skin of the eggplant as I like the taste and I’m sometimes in too much of a hurry. But some people don’t like the taste and the texture of it. Rest assured that you remove the skin if you wish without losing any of the flavor, it all depends your personal preference.
What to serve with it?
Air fryer eggplant with garlic and parsley is a healthy and delicious side dish that you can easily serve with any sort of baked meat, chicken or fish dish.
How to store it?
Air fryer eggplant tends to retain water inside and get soft, so I found that it is best to serve it right after cooking. If you do decide to prepare it in advance, leave it on the countertop at room temperature instead of putting it in the fridge (up to 2-3 hours).
When ready to eat, just put them back in the air fryer at 380°F (190°C) for 5 minutes to make them crispy again.
- 2-3 medium-size eggplants
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Wash and cut the eggplants into small cubes. (You can leave the eggplant skins on.)
- Lay the eggplant cubes out on a kitchen towel or on paper towels and pat them dry.
- Place them in a bowl and add the oil and spices.
- Mix around so that the cubes are fully coated.
- Then preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Spread the eggplants into the air fryer basket and set the time to 15 minutes, shaking the basket frequently. You can prepare the eggplant in batches if necessary.
- Open the air fryer to see if they are crunchy enough for you, and heat them for a couple more minutes if you wish.
- Serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 28mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 11gSugar: 14gProtein: 5g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other delicious air fryer recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!