Air fryer zucchini (courgette) chips
These air fryer zucchini chips make for a delicious and healthy snack at any type of the day, as well as a nutritious salad topping.
This Recipe includes
|Zucchini – 1 medium-large zucchini (courgette)|
|Vegetable oil with a high smoking point like avocado, sunflower, or peanut oil.|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
|Garlic powder or flakes|
|Dried herbs – dried parsley, thyme, basil, etc.|
|Paprika – smoked paprika for a bit of heat.|
|Cayenne pepper – for more spice|
Why we love it
Who doesn’t love a packet of store-bought potato chips? Once in a while of course! But if you are looking for something healthier that you can eat on a regular basis, I can tell you that these delicious zucchini chips are a hit in my home.
If you have some left-over zucchini lying around, there is nothing like slicing them with a mandoline slicer (or by hand), adding some oil and spices and sticking them in the air fryer.
The result is a crispy delectable snack that you don’t have to feel guilty easing. (And if you are trying to get that picky eater in your family to try some zucchini, this is a great first step!)
What to serve with it?
Zucchini chips can be served by themselves, or with a sauce like my spicy mayo sauce with sriracha or garlic greek yogurt sauce. You can also serve them on top of a salad like this gizzard salad or bacon and goat cheese salad.
How to store it?
Air fryer zucchini chips tend to retain a lot of water, so I don’t recommend really recommend it. If you do want to prepare it a couple of hours in advance, leave it in a dish at room temperature.
When ready to eat, put the zucchini chips back in the air fryer at 380°F (190°C) for 5 minutes to make them crispy again.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
Air fryer zucchini chips
An easy vegetable snack with zucchini (courgette) for when you have a craving for something light and healthy.
- 1 medium-large zucchini
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of dried herbs (basil, parsley, thyme, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Wash and cut the zucchini into thin slices, using a mandoline slicer if possible.
- Place the sliced zucchinis onto a paper towel and pat it to absorb as much of the water as possible.
- Put the zucchinis into a large bowl along with the vegetable oil and the spices.
- Toss around so the oil and the spices lightly covers the sliced zucchinis.
- Preheat the air fryer to 370°F (190°C).
- Place in the air fryer basket, leaving space between the slices so that they don't stick to each other. You may have to cook in batches if necessary.
- Cook for 12 minutes, tossing the basket every so often so that it cooks evenly.
- Remove from basket and serve.
Note, the zucchini chips should be served soon after cooking, as they continue to retain water and will soften when cool. You can always add them back to the air fryer to have them warm up and become crisp again.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 44Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other easy snack recipes that are healthy and delicious. Bon appétit!