This Recipe includes
|Green beans – fresh or frozen green beans.|
|Vegetable oil with a high smoking point like avocado, sunflower, or peanut oil.|
|Garlic powder or flakes|
|Paprika – smoked paprika for a bit of heat.|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
Why we love it
If you are looking for a healthier alternative to fries, there is nothing like crispy green beans made in the air fryer. Along with peas and brussels sprouts, green beans make a wonderful vegetable side dish with any meal.
Low in oil and with lots of lovely spices, they are full of flavor and nutrients. You can also add some cayenne pepper to make them spicy, if you enjoy a bit of heat.
What I like about making them in the air fryer is that I don’t have to babysit the oven or the skillet, I can just pop them into the air fryer and get on with other stuff. An easy side dish that can also be munched on as a healthy snack if you are feeling a bit peckish!
- Trim the stem end of the green beans, if it has not already been removed.
- Do not use olive oil as it has a low smoking point and will set off smoke in your air fryer.
What to serve with it?
How to store it?
You can prepare air fryer green beans in advance, and leave them in the fridge. When ready to eat, just put them back in the air fryer at 380°F (190°C) for 5 minutes to make them crispy again.
- 2 cups of green beans (frozen or fresh green beans with their stems removed)*
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil (avocado or sunflower oil)
- 1/2 tablespoon of paprika
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Put the green beans into a large bowl along with the vegetable oil.
- Toss around so that the oil lightly covers the beans.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F (175°C).
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl and mix so that the spices cover the beans.
- Place the beans in the air fryer basket and cook for 5-6 minutes, shaking the basket occasionally.
- Check if the green beans are at desired texture, if not cook for a couple of minutes more.
- Serve while warm.
- If the beans are frozen, you don't need to let them thaw, just let them cook in the air fryer for a few minutes more.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 62Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other delicious air fryer recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!