This Recipe includes
|Green peas – frozen peas or peas that have been canned and drained
|Vegetable oil with a high smoking point like avocado, sunflower, or peanut oil.
|Garlic powder or flakes
|Paprika – smoked paprika for a bit of heat.
|Parsley – dried or fresh parsley for decoration.
|Pinch of salt and pepper
Why we love it
Healthy eating doesn’t have to be boring, and these air fryer green peas are anything but. Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, they are full of flavor and a delicious side dish for any meal.
Indeed the biggest problem with these green peas is that you may need an oven-friendly dish to insert into your air fryer.
I found that in my Ninja air fryer, the peas were falling out of the little holes at the bottom so I needed a smaller dish to insert into the air fryer basket.
Once that was sorted, these lovely green peas packed with nutrients took less than 15 minutes to prepare. Now that is what I call a win!
What to serve with it?
Air fryer green peas make a healthy side dish that you can serve with just about anything. A couple of ideas include serving them with a main dish like oven-roasted bbq chicken drumsticks or a potato mushroom casserole.
How to store it?
You can prepare air fryer green peas in advance, and leave them in the fridge. When ready to eat, just put them back in the air fryer at 380°F (190°C) for 5 minutes to make them crispy again.
Air fryer green peas
- 2 cups of green peas frozen or canned and drained
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable, avocado or sunflower oil
- 1/2 tablespoon of paprika
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Put the peas into a large bowl along with the vegetable oil.
- Toss around so that the oil lightly covers the peas.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F (175°C).
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl and mix so that the spices cover the peas.
- Place the peas in an oven-friendly dish that will fit in the air fryer basket. (The air fryer basket has holes, so your peas may escape if you put it in directly.)
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, shaking the basket occasionally.
- Check if the peas are at desired texture, if not cook for a couple of minutes more.
- Serve while warm.
- If the peas are frozen, you don't need to let them thaw, just let them cook in the air fryer for a few minutes more.
- If the peas are canned, drain the peas before placing them in the bowl and air fryer.
Please note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual.
You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other delicious air fryer recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!