This Recipe includes
|Asparagus – fresh asparagus stalks|
|Prosciutto ham or any other thinly sliced smoked ham.|
|Vegetable oil with a high smoking point like avocado, sunflower, or peanut oil.|
|Fresh pepper – for a touch of spice|
- Fresh asparagus stalks are best, frozen asparagus will not crisp up as well in the air fryer. If using frozen, let them thaw naturally and then pat them dry with a paper towel.
- I’m using prosciutto ham, but you can use any other type of smoked ham as well that is thin and long enough to wrap around asparagus. You can also use bacon.
Why we love it
Prosciutto and asparagus are a classic Italian combination, with the salty ham giving the fresh asparagus a delicious crunch. It’s a simple appetizer that’s easy to make, especially in the air fryer, and can be served hot or cold.
They can even be served as at an apéro while enjoying a glass of wine with friends.
And if you are trying to convince the meat eaters among your friends and family to try some veggies, this is bound to be the dish that they will gravitate to.
What to serve with it?
These prosciutto-wrapped asparagus can easily serve as an appetizer or a side dish alongside many dishes, such as like oven-roasted bbq chicken drumsticks, air fryer chicken caesar wrap or a beef and spinach quiche.
How to store it?
You can prepare air fryer ham-wrapped asparagus in advance, and leave them in the fridge. When ready to eat, just put them back in the air fryer at 380°F (190°C) for 5 minutes to make them crispy again.
Air Fryer Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- 8-10 fresh asparagus stalks
- 4-5 strips of prosciutto ham
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil avocado or sunflower oil
- pinch of fresh pepper
- Wash and trim off the hard ends of the asparagus.
- Cut each strip of the prosciutto ham in half lengthwise.
- Spray the pan lightly and preheat the air fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- Wrap the prosciutto around each asparagus stalk.
- Once the air fryer is hot, place each wrapped asparagus carefully into the basket and lightly sprinkle with pepper.
- Set the air fryer to cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Check if the asparagus looks crispy enough for you, if not cook for an additional minute or two.
- Serve while warm.
Other appetizer recipes
If you enjoyed that, check out our other delicious air fryer recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!