This Recipe includes
|Tortilla chips – plain or spicy tortilla chips|
|Cheese – any type of shredded cheese such as cheddar, gruyère, emmental, etc.|
|Olives – chopped black olives|
|Red onion – freshly chopped red onion|
|Cilantro – fresh or dried coriander (cilantro)|
|Ham – smoked ham, chopped into small pieces for additional flavor|
|(Optional) black beans – if serving as a meal for dinner|
|(Optional) jalepeño – if you like things spicy|
Be sure to preheat the air fryer before adding in the nachos so that the timings work and they become crispy without the cheese overcooking.
Why we love it
For a quick and easy way to make loaded nachos without firing up the oven, there is nothing like sticking it in the air fryer. No need to watch over the oven, just set it to the right time and temperature, and get on with your day.
It is an easy Mexican-style snack or appetizer while watching the big game, but it can also be served as a main meal to dig into.
If there is one dish that your friends and family will get behind, it is loaded nachos, drenched in cheese, ham and black olives. Now, I’ve not included the recipes for the guacamole and tomato salsa, but you can find them here.
What to serve with it?
How to store it?
You can prepare these air fryer loaded nachos a few hours in advance, but I would recommend cooking it just before serving. You can prepare the air fryer basket with the nachos and just leave it in the fridge, and cook them right before serving.
Air fryer loaded nachos
- 6-7 oz of tortilla chips about 1/2 of a large bag
- 1-2 slices of smoked ham chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup of shredded cheese cheddar, gruyère, emmental, etc.
- 1/2 cup of pitted and chopped black olives
- 1/2 chopped red onion
- 2-3 sprigs of chopped cilantro
- Optional 1/2 cup of cooked black beans
- Optional 1 chopped jalepeño
- Place an aluminium foil or parchment paper on the bottom on your air fryer basket, leaving enough for the foil to run up the sides. (The foil will help you lift the nachos out of the air fryer basket and put it on a plate at the end.
- Shred the ham and any
- Layer the nachos in the air fryer basket, alternating with the cheese, ham, olives, onions, and any other optional ingredients.
- Preheat your air fryer at 375°F (190°C).
- Once warm, put in your air fryer basket with loaded nachos and cook for 2 minutes.
- Open the air fryer to see if they are cooked enough for you, and heat them for a couple more minutes if you wish.
- Serve while warm.
Other appetizer recipes
- Air fryer Creamy and Cheesy Pull-apart bread
- Puff pastry pinwheel with pesto twist
- French deviled eggs
- Baked brie in puff pastry
- Air fryer baked camembert
If you enjoyed that, check out our other delicious air fryer recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!