This Recipe includes
- Sweet potatoes – you can use any type of sweet potatoes, but the best types for crispy chips are the Beauregard which is the most common sweet potato around. You can also use the Sweet Hannah, Japanese, or Purple sweet potatoes which are dryer.
- Garlic – garlic powder or flakes for the spice rub.
- Basil – dried or fresh basil for flavor.
- Vegetable oil – any type of vegetable oil with a high smoking point like avocado, sunflower, or peanut oil. (Do not use olive oil as it has a low smoking point and will set off smoke in your air fryer.)
Why we love it
If you are looking for an easy snack recipe that’s also healthy, these sweet potato chips will be sure to hit the spot.
Compared to store-bought chips, sweet potato chips are a great option because they’re high in fiber, low in carbs and can be made quickly at home in the air fryer.
And while this simple recipe is quite delicious, you can also customize the flavoring to your preference. Try adding a bit of vinegar to make them sour, or paprika and cayenne pepper to add a bit of spice.
Frequently asked questions
1. What to serve with it?
Zucchini chips can be served by themselves, or with a sauce like my spicy mayo sauce with sriracha or garlic greek yogurt sauce. You can also serve them on top of a salad like this spinach salad with tahini dressing or this gizzard salad.
2. Can you prepare it in advance?
Yes, you can prepare air fryer sweet potato chips in advance, and leave them at room temperature. When ready to eat, you can eat them as is, or put them back in the air fryer at 380°F (190°C) for 5 minutes to make them warm again.
If you like this recipe
- 1 medium-large sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- pinch of garlic powder
- (Optional) pinch of basil
- Wash and cut the sweet potato into thin slices, using a mandoline slicer if possible. (No need to peel it.)
- Put the sweet potato on a large bowl and coat with vegetable oil, salt, pepper, garlic and basil.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F (180°C).
- Place in the air fryer basket, leaving some space between the slices so that they don't stick to each other. You may have to cook in batches if necessary.
- Cook for 15 minutes, tossing the basket every so often so that it cooks evenly.
- Remove from basket and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 223Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 115mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other delicious air fryer recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!