Ham and mushroom quiche
Get the recipe for the classic ham and mushroom quiche that is quick and easy to make. With accompaniments, tips, and more.
This Recipe includes
|Sliced fresh mushrooms|
|Deep dish pie crust|
|Chopped chunks of ham|
|Shredded cheese (emmental, gruyère or cheddar)|
Spices, herbs and ingredients for flavor:
|Crème fraiche – any type of crème fraiche or plain heavy cream.|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
Why we love it
The traditional ham and mushroom quiche is one of those classic French dishes that never fails to impress. If you are tired of boring ol’ pizza, this quiche is one that you are going to love.
The first reason is its versatility. Ham and mushroom quiche is a dish that can be served at any time of the day, for example at breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
It’s perfect for brunch or a light dinner with a side salad. The combination of ham and mushrooms in the quiche makes it a hearty choice for a quick and easy meal.
Additionally, the ingredients in the quiche are all quite simple that you are likely to have at home. The saltiness of the ham, the earthy flavor of the mushrooms, and the creamy richness of the egg and cheese filling all work together to create a truly delicious dish.
With just a few basic ingredients, you can create a delicious meal in no time at all!
What to serve with it?
You can serve this ham and mushroom quiche with a salad such as this greek salad with feta and cherry tomatoes or a spinach caesar salad.
You can also serve it with a soup like this homemade carrot soup or this mushroom potato soup.
How to store it?
You can prepare this ham and mushroom quiche at least a day in advance. Wait for it to cool to room temperature before putting it in an airtight container in the fridge.
You can also freeze the quiche mixture and use an already frozen crust before filling, so that it won’t absorb as much moisture.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
Ham and mushroom quiche
A delicious French quiche recipe with ham and mushroom that quick and easy to make
- 1 deep dish pie crust
- 3 eggs
- 200g of chopped chunks of ham
- 3/4 cup of crème fraïche (heavy cream)
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (emmental, gruyère or cheddar)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 200g of sliced mushrooms
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Preheat the oven at 180C (375F).
- Place the pie crust on a baking pan and pierce lightly all over with a fork (around 2 inches apart).
- Beat the eggs, milk, and heavy cream in a large bowl with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Clean the mushrooms and chop them into small pieces, along with the ham.
- Cook the mushrooms in a frying pan for a few minutes along with the olive oil.
- Remove the mushrooms from the stove.
- Place the ham and mushrooms into the pie crust, and top off evenly with the egg mixture.
- Place in the oven for 35 minutes or until the top crust is browned.
- Serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 366Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 128mgSodium: 514mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 14g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other ham recipes
- Ham and egg pizza
- Ham, egg, and cheese breakfast casserole
- Ham and spinach egg muffins with cheese
- Ham, egg, potato and cheese scramble
- Ham and arugula pizza
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!