This Recipe includes
|Deep pie crust – use a deep pie or pizza crust for a quiche, as a thin crust may get too soggy with the egg mixture.|
|Bacon – chopped chunks of bacon or pancetta.|
|Mushrooms – any type of mushrooms like white button or cremini (brown) mushrooms.|
|Heavy cream – any type of heavy cream or crême fraiche.|
|Eggs – to hold the quiche together.|
|Cheese – use shredded cheese such as gruyère, cheddar, goat cheese, etc.|
|Milk – to add some airiness and flavor.|
|Nutmeg – pinch of grated nutmeg for flavor.|
|(Optional) Onions – chopped white onions for a bit of tang.|
|Salt and pepper|
- Be sure to cook the bacon in a frying pan for a few minutes before putting it in the quiche.
- You can substitute the heavy cream with low-fat greek yogurt for a lighter version.
Why we love it
Known as a quiche lorraine in France, this delicious mushroom and bacon quiche is perfect for any occasion. From a quick breakfast, light lunch at work, weeknight dinner or even a festive brunch with friends and family, this quiche recipe is bound to be a hit. And the best part is that it’s not difficult to make.
The bacon and mushrooms add a heartiness to this quiche, while the eggs and cream cheese keep it rich and creamy. You can also make a vegetarian version of the quiche with sundried tomatoes and mushrooms or try a salmon spinach quiche for something different.
What to serve with it?
If you are serving it for lunch or dinner, you can serve bacon and mushroom quiche with a soup such as homemade carrot soup or salad with bacon and goat cheese. You can also serve it with with a baguette as well for an additional French touch.
How to store it?
If the bacon and mushroom quiche is baked, wait for it to cool to room temperature before putting it in an airtight container in the fridge.
You can also freeze the quiche mixture and use an already frozen crust before filling, so that it won’t absorb as much moisture.
- 1 deep dish pie crust
- 3 eggs
- 200g of chopped chunks of bacon or pancetta
- 3/4 cup of crème fraïche (heavy cream)
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (emmental, gruyère or cheddar)
- 200g of sliced mushrooms
- (Optional) 100g of finely white chopped onions
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- Preheat the oven at 180C (375F).
- Place the pie crust on a baking pan and pierce lightly all over with a fork (around 2 inches apart).
- Beat the eggs, milk, and heavy cream in a large bowl, along with the salt and pepper.
- Cook the bacon in a frying pan for a few minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and onions into the pan to lightly sauté them as well.
- Remove the bacon, mushrooms and onions from the stove.
- Add the bacon, cheese, salt, pepper, and any optional ingredients into the egg mixture.
- Spread the mixture across the pie crust.
- Sprinkle across the top a pinch of nutmeg.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes or until the top crust is browned.
- Serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 461Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 695mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 18g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!