This Recipe includes
|Eggs – large or medium-sized eggs for plenty of protein, as the base of the fritatta|
|Sausages – any type of beef, pork, lamb, chicken or turkey sausages.|
|Grated cheese – cheddar, gruyère, mozzarella, or emmental cheese.|
|Spinach – fresh spinach or baby spinach, washed and spun dry, or ready to eat.|
|Onion – white onion sliced or cubed.|
Spices and flavoring ingredients:
|Butter – to cook the sausages and keep them from sticking to the pan|
|Garlic powder – garlic cloves for flavor, but you can also use garlic powder or flakes if you are in a hurry|
|Olive oil – to cook the garlic cloves|
|Salt and pepper|
- You can use any type of sausages in this recipe including beef, pork, lamb, chicken or turkey sausages. I like thicker sausages that are more flavorful such as Italian sausages, pork bratwurst, saucisse de toulouse, chipotle sausages, etc.
- You can use frozen pre-chopped onions if you wish, but you will need to cook them for 5-7 minutes more till they are lightly browned.
Why we love it
If you love breakfast, you’re going to love this spinach, sausage and egg frittata. So much so, you may even want to have it for lunch or dinner.
Frittatas are a wonderful way to get protein, and with handy sausage and spinach, they are full of flavor and texture.
Now, I’m using spinach but you can also use any leftover vegetables, like red or green peppers, broccoli, peas, leeks, etc. The key is to let the juices from the meat combine with the veggies and infuse into everything, before adding in the eggs.
What to serve with it?
If you are serving it for breakfast, you can serve this frittata with a vegetable smoothie, yogurt, fruit, or a waffle and juice.
For lunch or dinner, you can serve this spinach and sausage egg fritatta with a soup such as homemade carrot soup or salad with bacon and goat cheese. You can also serve it with with a baguette as well for an additional French touch.
How to store it?
This spinach, egg, sausages and cheese frittata can be prepared at least a day or so in advance, and heated up before serving.
I recommend letting it cool and keeping it in an air-tight container, before putting it in the fridge.
Spinach, egg, sausages and cheese frittata
- 10 eggs
- 1 cups of fresh spinach
- 2 cup of grated cheese gruyere, parmesan, cheddar, emmental, etc.
- 2 sausages
- 1/2 chopped white onion
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Crush the garlic and chop the sausages into 1-2 inch slices.
- Wash the spinach and cut into large pieces.
- In a large skillet or wok, sauté the garlic in oil for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the sausages and onion to the skillet, along with the butter. and cook for 5-10 minutes till they turn golden brown.
- Add the spinach into the wok for a couple of minutes.
- In a small bowl, crack open the raw eggs and mix in with the cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Stir around and add in the egg and cheese mixture to cover the potatoes. Cook at medium heat for around 7-10 minutes until the eggs look as cooked as you like.
- Serve while warm.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic breakfast recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!