This Recipe includes
- Egg – medium-large sized eggs
- Tortilla wraps – large flour or whole wheat tortilla wraps
- Shredded cheese – any type of shredded hard cheese like cheddar, gruyère, emmental, etc.
- Spinach – fresh or baby spinach for even more nutrients.
- (Optional) ham – smoked ham for a heartier breakfast.
Accents for the sauce:
- Sour cream – any type of plain sour cream, including full or low fat. You can also use greek yogurt, if you wish
- Garlic powder – for taste
- Basil – dried or fresh basil
- Parsley – fresh parsley leaves for flavor and scent
- Paprika – for a hint of spice
- Lemon juice – freshly squeezed lemon juice for flavor
Why we love it
This omelette quesadilla may seem like a complicated recipe to attempt for breakfast, but it is actually very easy to follow and can be made in minutes.
It is a hearty and nutritious recipe with plenty of protein. You may think that the trickiest part is how to flip the omelette and tortilla on its face, but it is actually as easy as lifting the pan off the stove and flipping it on to the plate. (No need to fiddle around too much with the spatula!)
Once the omelette and cheese is cooked and placed on the tortilla, just add the cheese and spinach, and close. A delicious breakfast that everyone will love.
Frequently asked questions
1. What to serve with it?
This delicious breakfast quesadilla wrap can be served by itself with a cup of tea/coffee and yogurt for a quick and healthy breakfast. You can also serve it with a smoothie or freshly pressed orange juice.
2. Can you prepare it in advance?
Yes, you can prepare this breakfast quesadilla with egg and spinach a few hours in advance, and leave it in the fridge. Just leave it in a glass container and when ready to eat, you can eat it as is or warm it back up in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
I wouldn’t recommend freezing it in the freezer though, it will get quite soggy.
If you like this recipe
- 4 large tortillas
- 8-12 eggs (2-3 eggs per tortilla)
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (cheddar, gruyère, emmental, etc.)
- (Optional) 4-6 pieces of smoked ham
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Pinch of garlic powder
For the sauce
- 1.5 cups of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon of juice from freshly squeezed lemon
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Place all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and mix together.
- In a small bowl, break 3 eggs and mix together along with a pinch of salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place a large pan on low heat.
- Once the pan is warm, pour the egg mixture onto the pan and spread it across so that it cooks evenly for about 5 minutes until it starts to firm up.
- Once the omelette base looks firm on the pan side (but still moist on the top-face side), sprinkle the top of the egg with cheese.
- Place the tortilla flat on top of the cheese and omelette, and press down lightly on each corner for about 2 minutes.
- Turn the stove off, and flip the whole tortilla onto a plate, with the cheese and omelette side facing up.
- Spread some of the sour cream mixture across the omelette.
- Place some of the baby spinach across on one half of the tortilla, and add any optional ingredients like smoked ham, etc.
- Fold the tortilla in half.
- On a stove top on low-medium heat, place the tortilla back in the pan for about 5-7 minutes, flipping every so often.
- Once tortilla looks sufficiently cooked, put it in a place and cut into 4 pieces.
- Repeat for the remaining quesadillas.
- Serve while warm.
This recipe counts 1/2 breakfast quesadilla per person, but you can adjust quantities as you wish.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 375Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 323mgSodium: 547mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 21g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!