This Recipe includes
|Fresh spinach – any type of fresh spinach or baby spinach will do|
|(Optional) Croutons – homemade croutons or store-bought|
Spices and flavoring for the dressing:
|Greek yogurt – regular or low fat greek yogurt.|
|Tahini sauce – for that smooth and salty flavor|
|Shallot flakes – dried shallot flakes or powder. You can also use onion powder as an alternative, if you don’t have shallots.|
|Olive oil – I prefer virgin olive oil, but you can use any type that you have.|
|Lemon juice – freshly squeezed lemon juice for flavor|
Why we love it
Tahini yogurt dressing has a way of making an ordinary salad extraordinary. Getting away from those store-bought salad dressings, this healthy combination of Middle-eastern tahini with Green yogurt is a match made in heaven.
And when you add it to bed of nutritious spinach and crunchy croutons, you have a salad that will make your friends and family keep coming back for seconds.
What to serve with it?
How to store it?
You can prepare this spinach salad with tahini yogurt dressing a few hours in advance, but just keep the dressing separately to keep the spinach from wilting.
Keep them separate in the fridge, and when ready to serve remove both from the fridge about 20 minutes in advance so that they get to room temperature.
Spinach salad with tahini yogurt dressing
- 3 cups of fresh spinach
- Optional 1 cup of croutons
- 1 cup of greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried shallot flakes
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl with a large spoon or whisk.
- Wash the spinach and remove any excess water.
- Place the spinach in a large salad bowl and add the tahini yogurt dressing.
- Toss the salad, along with the parmesan, croutons, and optional anchovies.
- Serve immediately.
Other salad recipes
- Chicken chickpea salad with red onions and feta
- Quinoa salad with feta, peas, and corn
- Sausage and egg lentil salad with mozzarella
If you enjoyed that, check out our other great salad recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!