Cheesy mushroom pasta bake in pink sauce
Get the recipe for a delicious cheesy mushroom pasta bake, cooked in a sumptuous pink sauce. With accompaniments and more.
This Recipe includes
|Pasta – you can use any type of pasta like penne, spaghetti, tagliatelle, or even whole wheat pasta. I’m using penne.|
|Mushrooms – white button or cremini (brown), or button mushrooms, shitake, etc.|
|Grated cheese (parmesan, gruyère, cheddar, emmental, etc.)|
Spices, herbs and ingredients for the pink sauce:
|Heavy cream or crème fraîche|
|Tomato coulis or tomato sauce|
|Garlic powder or flakes|
|Fresh or dried thyme|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
Why we love it
Is there anything more comforting and indulgent than a delicious pasta bake? With a heaping dish of cheese and pasta, in a sumptuous pink sauce, it doesn’t get much better than this.
But it’s not just the cheese and mushrooms that make this dish so beloved. It’s the pink sauce. This cheesy pasta bake combines the richness of tomato sauce and heavy cream with the earthiness of fresh mushrooms to make a dish that everyone is going to want seconds of.
I love pasta bakes since they are so easy to prepare in advance, and then just pop in the oven in the evening for a busy weeknight meal. They are also great for dinner parties and family gatherings since the pasta bake can cook while everyone is chatting.
And there is something so whimsical and fun about pasta bake a pink sauce. It’s creamy and tangy and just a little bit sweet. With the oozy, melty goodness of the cheese, this is what makes every bite of this dish a dream.
What to serve with it?
You can serve this cheesy mushroom pasta bake with a salad like this roasted cherry tomatoes salad or this greek salad.
You can also serve it with a meat dish like this beef rump steak or this bacon roasted whole chicken
How to store it?
If you do want to prepare this cheesy mushroom pasta bake in advance, let it cool completely and place it in an airtight glass container.
However, it is not a dish that freezes very well because the pasta gets soggy, so I don’t recommend it.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
Cheesy mushroom pasta bake in pink sauce
A cheesy mushroom pasta bake that everyone will love.
- 400g (0.9lb) of penne pasta
- 1 cup of fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup grated cheese (parmesan, gruyère, cheddar, emmental, etc.)
Pink Pasta sauce
- 3/4 cup of crême fraiche (heavy cream)
- 3/4 cup of tomato coulis or tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- In a large pot on the stove, cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients for the pink sauce.
- Wipe any dirt off the mushrooms and chop into small pieces.
- Once the pasta has finished cooking, drain the pasta and place it in a large casserole dish.
- Layer the mushrooms between the cooked pasta.
- Top the casserole with the pink sauce mix it into the pasta bake.
- Preheat the oven at 375°F (190°C).
- Sprinkle the top layer with shredded cheese, added liberally.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese on top looks cooked and golden brown.
- Serve while warm.
Le Creuset Stoneware 128 Oz. Rectangular Heritage Casserole with Lid
Lipper International Durable Bamboo Over the Sink or Stove Cutting Board
Cuisinart Professional 15 Piece Cutlery Block Set
Tramontina Gourmet 3 Piece Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set
Christopher Kimball's Milk Street Traverse Power Whisk
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 364Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 420mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 11g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other pasta recipes
- Cheesy tuna spinach pasta bake
- Spinach and ricotta stuffed shell pasta in creamy tomato sauce
- Sun-dried tomato pesto gnocchi
- Instant pot creamy sausage and pasta
- Shrimp and broccoli pasta
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic side dish recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!