Sun-dried tomato pesto gnocchi
Get the easy recipe for gnocchi in a homemade sun-dried tomato pesto sauce with parmesan cheese that will delight the whole family.
This Recipe includes
|Gnocchi – any type of dry packaged gnocchi|
|Parmesan cheese – grated cheese for flavor|
|(Optional) Parsley – fresh parsley for decoration|
For the sun-dried tomato pesto sauce:
|Sun-dried tomatoes – sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil|
|Crushed garlic – for plenty of flavor|
|Olive oil – use extra-virgin olive oil for a smoother pesto, but regular olive oil will work as well.|
|Basil – 2 big bouquets of basil leaves, torn into pieces|
|(Optional) Red chilli or pepper flakes – for a bit of spice|
|(Optional) Pine nuts – for a bit of crunch and flavor to replace the parmesan cheese.|
Why we love it
This sun-dried tomato pesto gnocchi recipe is the perfect dish for a quick weeknight dinner. It’s easy to make and is so delicious you will want to make it again and again.
It is the sun-dried tomato pesto sauce that makes the recipe, with a rich and tangy taste that melds together with the parmesan cheese to create a medley of flavors.
What to serve with it?
Sun-dried tomato pesto gnocchi goes with just about anything, but why not consider a spinach caesar salad or apple feta salad with red onion. You can also serve it with a starter like Instant pot carrot and potato soup.
How to store it?
If you wish keep this sun-dried tomato pesto gnocchi in the fridge, it is best to keep the gnocchi and the sun-dried tomato pesto sauce separately. Cooked gnocchi is best when it is dry, as it looses its texture and becomes mushy in the liquid is added.
Cook each separately and let them cool, and then store the ravioli and the mushroom sauce separately in an airtight glass jar.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
Sun-dried tomato pesto gnocchi
A delicious combination of sun-dried tomato pesto and gnocchi that everyone is bound to love
- 2 packages of gnocchi (32 oz)
- 1 cup of sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 big bouquet of basil leaves, torn into pieces (1 cup)
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 9 cl (1/3 cup) of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese
- pinch of salt and pepper
- (Optional) 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- (Optional) 1 soup spoon of crushed pine nuts
- (Optional) 1-2 sprigs of parsley for decoration
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook gnocchi according to package instructions.
- Drain the gnocchi and put aside for the moment.
- Wash the basil and peel the garlic.
- Remove the sun-dried tomatoes from the oil that they were packed in.
- Crush the sun-dried tomatoes, basil and garlic in a mortar with a pestle until it turns into a purée. (Alternatively, put it into a blender.) `
- In a bowl, mix the crushed sun-dried tomatoes, basil, garlic, and olive oil until you make a smooth sauce.
- Add in the salt, pepper, and (optional) pine nuts and red pepper flakes, as you mix and whisk.
- In a skillet, at medium temperature, combine the gnocchi with the sun-dried tomato pesto sauce for 5 minutes.
- Plate the gnocci and sprinkle with some parmesan cheese and a couple of sprigs of parsley.
- Serve while warm.
Adjust the olive oil quantity for a thicker sauce, based on personal preference.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 441Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 275mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 6g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!