Shrimp and broccoli pasta
Get the recipe for this creamy shrimp and broccoli pasta that makes a healthy and filling meal the whole family will love.
This Recipe includes
|Pasta – you can use any type of pasta like penne, spaghetti, tagliatelle, or even whole wheat pasta. I’m using tagliatelle.|
|Shrimp – fresh baby or large decorticated shrimp|
|Broccoli – fresh broccoli. If using frozen broccoli, let it defrost first.|
|Heavy cream – any type of crème fraiche or heavy cream|
Spices and flavoring ingredients:
|Garlic powder or flakes|
|Paprika – for that smokey flavor|
|Fresh or dried parsley|
|Onion powder or flakes – for a tart taste|
|Olive oil – to cook the shrimp and pull the sauce together with the juices from the meat.|
|(Optional) Cayenne pepper – for a bit of heat|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
Type of shrimp
Any type of shrimp will do in this recipe, including frozen decorticated shrimp. The types of shrimp that work well include pink shrimp, white shrimp, tiger shrimp, etc.
Just make sure to clean the shrimp and remove any shells and veins before placing in the Instant pot.
Why we love it
For a healthy and filling meal, you can’t go wrong with this creamy shrimp and broccoli pasta. The combination of flavors in this dish is simply irresistible.
The sweetness of the shrimp pairs perfectly with the earthiness of the broccoli and pasta, and the creamy sauce brings everything together beautifully.
Shrimp is a healthy and delicious seafood option that provides numerous health benefits. It is low in calories and fat, but high in protein and essential nutrients. It is also quite versatile and can make a satisfying addition to any meal.
Shrimp with pasta is a dish that will leave you feeling full after eating a bowl, without being overly heavy or bloated. In addition, the recipe comes together quickly, especially if you use decorticated shrimp that doesn’t need deveining.
Add in a handful of simple ingredients that you might already have in your pantry, and you have a delicious and satisfying meal even on busy weeknights, without having to spend hours in the kitchen.
What to serve with it?
This shrimp and broccoli pasta is can be served by itself as a complete meal, but can also be served with an appetizer like these tarama and tzatziki cucumber bites or these seafood spring rolls.
Another option is to serve it with a light salad, like this tuna and corn salad with greens or this mixed greens salad.
How to store it?
This shrimp and broccoli pasta can easily be prepared in advance, but I wouldn’t recommend keeping it more than a few hours. The cream sauce will dry out, and it won’t taste as good as it would fresh.
If you do want to store it in the fridge, you can keep it in these glass containers, which also can serve to transport a packed lunch.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
Baby shrimp and broccoli pasta
Get the recipe for baby shrimp pasta with broccoli.
- 1 cup of fresh baby shrimp
- 400g (0.9lb) of any type of pasta (penne, tagliatelle, farfelle, etc.)
- 2 cups of chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup of crème fraiche or heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh parsley
- (Optional) 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- In a large pot on the stove, cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Once the pasta is al dente, drain the pasta while reserving one cup of the pasta water.
- Chop the broccoli into small pieces using a sharp knife.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the spices for the shrimp rub together (salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, onion powderetc).
- Add the shrimp into the bowl and cover each one generously with the spice mixture.
- Heat a large casserole or wok on the stove, and cook the broccoli in olive oil at high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the casserole wok and cook together with the broccoli and olive oil for about 3-5 minutes until the shrimp looks golden brown.
- Add in the cooked pasta to the casserole pan, along with the pasta water and crème fraiche, and mix throughly so that the sauce covers all the pasta.
- Serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 248Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 74mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 12g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other seafood recipes:
- Baked salmon with hollandaise sauce
- Seafood vermicelli noodle bowl
- Tuna wheat berry salad with balsamic vinaigrette
- Instant pot lemon garlic scallops pasta
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!