This Recipe includes
- Mixed greens – you can use any sort of mixed greens like arugula, mâche, frisée, chicory, romain lettuce, baby spinach, etc.
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes – cherry or grape tomatoes for a rich and tangy taste.
- (Optional) Cucumber – for more veggies
- (Optional) Red onion – for a bit of heat
- (Optional) Pine nuts – for a bit of crunch
For the dressing:
- Balsamic vinegar – for that sweet tangy taste.
- Olive oil – melds well with the balsamic vinegar to make it less sweet
- Feta cheese – for a light salty taste
- Salt and pepper – for a bit more flavor
Why we love it
If you’re looking for a light, fresh and healthy salad recipe, this mixed green salad with balsamic vinegar may be just what you’re looking for.
The balsamic dressing mixes very easily with only a couple of ingredients, and the whole salad can be put together in less than 5 minutes. And with natural ingredients, you can avoid store-bought dressings which usually have additives added.
The recipe works as a side salad, but you can also add additional ingredients like cucumbers, onions, etc. and pair it with soup and bread (baguette) to make a more complete meal.
Frequently asked questions
1. What to serve with it?
2. Can you prepare it in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the mixed green salad and the balsamic vinaigrette a few hours in advance, but just don’t add the dressing into the salad. The salad will become heavy and wilt with the dressing on top, so it is best to keep them separately.
Keep them separate in the fridge, and when ready to serve remove both from the fridge about 20 minutes in advance so that they get to room temperature. Then add the balsamic dressing onto the salad a few minutes before you are ready to serve.
If you like this recipe
- 5oz bag of mixed greens
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 200g (3/4 cup) of feta cheese
- pinch of salt and pepper
- (Optional) 1 medium-sized cucumber
- (Optional) 2 tablespoons of pine nuts
- (Optional) 1/2 red onion
- In a small bowl, prepare the dressing by mixing the olive oil and balsamic vinegar, along with the salt and pepper.
- Chop the feta, tomatoes, and optional vegetables (cucumber, onion, etc) into quarters.
- In a large salad bowl, combine mixed greens with all the ingredients including the dressing.
- Toss the salad to make sure that the dressing coats evenly.
- Serve when ready.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 102mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 3g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic side dish recipes that are easy to make. Bon appétit!