Bacon and Egg Potato salad with Greek dressing
Get the bacon and egg potato salad recipe with a creamy greek yogurt dressing that can be served as a main or a side dish.
This Recipe includes
|Bacon – regular bacon or pancetta.|
|Potatoes – baby potatoes, or you can also use yukon gold or russet potatoes|
|Spinach – fresh spinach or baby spinach|
|(Optional) Red onion – for a bit of bite|
Accents for the dressing:
|Greek yogurt – regular or low fat greek yogurt.|
|Garlic flakes – garlic flakes or garlic powder.|
|Shallot flakes – dried shallot flakes or powder. You can also use onion powder as an alternative.|
|Parsley – fresh or dried parsley.|
|Paprika – for a slight taste of heat.|
|Lemon juice – freshly squeezed lemon juice for flavor|
|Salt and pepper|
Why we love it
Bacon and eggs are, of course, a classic combination, and when you add potatoes to it, it just takes the whole thing up a notch. But it is the creamy greek yogurt dressing that really pulls everything together with a ton of flavor.
Whether you are planning to serve this as a main or a side dish, or even take it to a potluck or a picnic, this versatile potato salad is one everyone is going to love.
Now, I put the red onions as optional as if you are serving this recipe to children, they may not care for red onions (I know mine do not!)
But, I would highly recommend adding red onions to a grown-up serving, as it really adds a lot of flavor and helps the whole bacon and egg potato salad come together in a medley of flavors.
What to serve with it?
This bacon and egg potato salad will go as a great side dish with a main like lemon pepper drumsticks or this sausage and veggies. You can also serve it with a dish like paprika chicken.
How to store it?
You can prepare this bacon and egg potato salad in advance, and keep it in the fridge for a few hours. If you wish to keep for a few days, I recommend putting it in an airtight glass container in the fridge.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
Bacon and Egg Potato salad with Creamy Greek dressing
An easy bacon and egg salad with spinach and a creamy dressing that can be served as a main or a side dish.
- 8-10 baby potatoes
- 5-6 strips of bacon chopped up (or chopped pancetta)
- 5oz of fresh spinach
- 4 eggs
- (Optional) 1/2 red onion
- pinch of salt and pepper
Creamy Greek Yogurt Dressing
- 1/2 cup of greek yogurt
- pinch of garlic flakes
- pinch of shallot flakes
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- pinch of dried parsley
- pinch of paprika
- Wash the baby potatoes and boil them on the stovetop for about 15 minutes until tender. (No need to take off the skin)
- In a large pan or wok, cook the bacon cubes at high heat for around 5 minutes until it looks cooked.
- Add the spinach into the sauce pan so it cooks lightly along with the juices of the bacon.
- Once the spinach looks partially cooked, add the raw eggs into the mix and cook in the sauce pan for 3-4 minutes. Stir lightly so that the egg coats the spinach and bacon.
- In a small bowl, prepare the dressing by mixing the ingredients together.
- Chop the boiled potatoes into quarters and add to a large salad bowl.
- Combine the egg, bacon and spinach mix with the potatoes.
- Add in the dressing and toss the salad to make sure that the dressing coats evenly.
- Serve when ready.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 241Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 205mgSodium: 444mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 18g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other salad recipes
If you enjoyed that, check out our other great salad recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!