This Recipe includes
|Bacon – regular bacon or pancetta.|
|Potatoes – baby potatoes, or you can also use yukon gold or russet potatoes|
|Spinach – fresh spinach or baby spinach|
|(Optional) Red onion – for a bit of bite|
Accents for the dressing:
|Greek yogurt – regular or low fat greek yogurt.|
|Garlic flakes – garlic flakes or garlic powder.|
|Shallot flakes – dried shallot flakes or powder. You can also use onion powder as an alternative.|
|Parsley – fresh or dried parsley.|
|Paprika – for a slight taste of heat.|
|Lemon juice – freshly squeezed lemon juice for flavor|
|Salt and pepper|
Why we love it
Bacon and eggs are, of course, a classic combination, and when you add potatoes to it, it just takes the whole thing up a notch. But it is the creamy greek yogurt dressing that really pulls everything together with a ton of flavor.
Whether you are planning to serve this as a main or a side dish, or even take it to a potluck or a picnic, this versatile potato salad is one everyone is going to love.
Now, I put the red onions as optional as if you are serving this recipe to children, they may not care for red onions (I know mine do not!)
But, I would highly recommend adding red onions to a grown-up serving, as it really adds a lot of flavor and helps the whole bacon and egg potato salad come together in a medley of flavors.
What to serve with it?
How to store it?
You can prepare this bacon and egg potato salad in advance, and keep it in the fridge for a few hours. If you wish to keep for a few days, I recommend putting it in an airtight glass container in the fridge.
Bacon and Egg Potato salad with Creamy Greek dressing
- 8-10 baby potatoes
- 5-6 strips of bacon chopped up or chopped pancetta
- 5 oz of fresh spinach
- 4 eggs
- Optional 1/2 red onion
- pinch of salt and pepper
Creamy Greek Yogurt Dressing
- 1/2 cup of greek yogurt
- pinch of garlic flakes
- pinch of shallot flakes
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- pinch of dried parsley
- pinch of paprika
- Wash the baby potatoes and boil them on the stovetop for about 15 minutes until tender. (No need to take off the skin)
- In a large pan or wok, cook the bacon cubes at high heat for around 5 minutes until it looks cooked.
- Add the spinach into the sauce pan so it cooks lightly along with the juices of the bacon.
- Once the spinach looks partially cooked, add the raw eggs into the mix and cook in the sauce pan for 3-4 minutes. Stir lightly so that the egg coats the spinach and bacon.
- In a small bowl, prepare the dressing by mixing the ingredients together.
- Chop the boiled potatoes into quarters and add to a large salad bowl.
- Combine the egg, bacon and spinach mix with the potatoes.
- Add in the dressing and toss the salad to make sure that the dressing coats evenly.
- Serve when ready.
Other salad recipes
If you enjoyed that, check out our other great salad recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!