This Recipe includes
|Sausages – any type of beef, pork, lamb, chicken or turkey sausages.|
|Broccoli – fresh or frozen broccoli|
|Brussels sprouts – fresh or frozen brussels sprouts.|
|Red onion – for added flavor|
Spices and flavoring ingredients:
|Garlic powder or flakes|
|Paprika – for a hint of spice|
|Vegetable oil with a high smoking point like avocado, sunflower, or peanut oil.|
Type of sausages
You can use any type of sausages in this recipe including beef, pork, lamb, chicken or turkey sausages. I do recommend thicker sausages that are more flavorful such as Italian sausages, pork bratwurst, saucisse de toulouse, merquez, chipotle sausages, etc.
Why we love it
Looking for an easy recipe that will help you use your air fryer? This air fryer sausage and veggies recipe is quick and easy to make, and makes a great one-dish meal that everyone will love.
You can use any type of meat sausages you wish, I’m using veal beef sausages in this particular instance. Just cut up all the sausages and the vegetables and place them in a baking dish without holes within the air fryer.
The real trick is to place the sausages on top of the veggies at the beginning so that all those lovely juices flow down and infuse the veggies, while at the same time letting the sausages turn crispy on top.
Then toss the sausages and vegetables every 5-10 minutes while they are cooking in the air fryer, so that the juices flow through nicely.
- If using frozen broccoli, let them defrost before cooking with the sausages.
- Frozen brussels sprouts tend to have a slightly milder flavor than the fresh ones, if that is what you prefer. However, do let them defrost before cooking with the sausages.
What to serve with it?
This delicious air fryer sausage and veggie combo can be served by itself, or with a side like air fryer sweet potato wedges or instant pot mashed potatoes. You can also serve it with a starter like homemade mushroom soup.
How to store it?
This air fryer sausage and vegetable dish can easily be prepared in advance, just let it cool completely and place it in an airtight glass container. It should keep for at least a day or so.
When ready to eat, just put them back in the air fryer at 380°F (190°C) for 5-7 minutes to make them crispy again.
Air fryer sausage and veggies
- 4-6 medium-sized sausages
- 1 1/2 cup of fresh broccoli*
- 1 1/2 cup of fresh brussels sprouts*
- 1/2 chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil avocado or sunflower oil
- 1/2 tablespoon of paprika
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Trim the ends of the broccoli and brussels sprouts and remove any brown outer leaves.
- Chop the red onion and sausages into small pieces.
- Place all the veggies into a large bowl along with the oil and spices.
- Toss around so that the oil lightly covers everything.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F (180°C).
- Place the veggies in an inner basket (without holes) into the air fryer basket and place the chopped sausages on top.
- Cook for 15 minutes in the air fryer, shaking the basket occasionally.
- Check if at desired texture, if not cook for a couple of minutes more.
- Serve while warm.
- If the broccoli and brussels sprouts are frozen, let them thaw before putting them in the air fryer.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other delicious air fryer recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!