This Recipe includes
- Chicken drumsticks – you can use any type of chicken, but I’m using drumsticks in this recipe.
- Vegetable oil – any type of vegetable oil with a high smoking point like avocado, sunflower, or peanut oil. (Do not use olive oil as it has a low smoking point and will set off smoke in your air fryer.)
- Lemons – fresh yellow lemons juiced
- Garlic – garlic powder or flakes for the spice rub.
- Paprika – smoked paprika for a bit of heat.
- Parsley – dried or fresh parsley for decoration.
- Onion powder – for a bit more flavor in the spice rub.
Why we love it
There is something inherently fun about eating chicken drumsticks. With finger-licking goodness, these chicken drumsticks in a lemon pepper seasoning make an excellent dish for weeknight dinners, outdoor picnics, and even fancy get-togethers.
It is a very simple dish as it is easy to prepare and cooks in a short time. For maximum flavor, I recommend marinating the chicken for at least 10-20 minutes, but none of that takes away from its crispy deliciousness that comes when making it in the air fryer.
And with very little oil being used in the recipe, it is also one of the healthier dishes to put together for a nightly meal or an easy lunch. Just let the natural juices do its job, and leave your friends and family wanting more.
Frequently asked questions
1. What to serve with it?
Lemon pepper drumsticks go with just about anything, but I like to serve them with a potato dish such as cheesy potatoes casserole (au gratin) or air fryer garlic fries. You can also serve it with rice, quinoa, or bulger.
2. Can you prepare it in advance?
Yes, you can prepare lemon pepper drumsticks in advance, and leave them in the fridge. When ready to eat, just put them back in the air fryer at 380°F (190°C) for 5-7 minutes to make them crispy again.
If you like this recipe
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Lay the drumsticks out on a paper towel and pat them dry.
- Place all the spices, oil, and juice from the lemons in a bowl and mix together.
- Mix each drumstick around in the spice mixture so that the drumsticks are fully coated.
- Let the chicken marinate for 10-20 minutes in the fridge.
- Then preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Spread the drumsticks into the air fryer basket and set the time to 20 minutes, turning them every 5-10 minutes.
- Open the air fryer to see if they are crispy enough for you, and heat them for a couple more minutes if you wish.
- Serve while warm.
This recipe counts 2 drumsticks per person. You can adjust the quantities as you wish.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 461Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 231mgSodium: 204mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 45g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other delicious air fryer recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!