This Recipe includes
|Chicken drumsticks – you can use any type of chicken, but I’m using drumsticks in this recipe.|
|Vegetable oil with a high smoking point like avocado, sunflower, or peanut oil.|
|Lemons – fresh yellow lemons juiced|
|Garlic powder or flakes for the spice rub|
|Parsley – fresh or dried parsley|
|Onion powder – for a bit more flavor in the spice rub.|
|Paprika – smoked paprika for a bit of heat.|
|Salt and pepper|
Why we love it
There is something inherently fun about eating chicken drumsticks. With finger-licking goodness, these chicken drumsticks in a lemon pepper seasoning make an excellent dish for weeknight dinners, outdoor picnics, and even fancy get-togethers.
It is a very simple dish as it is easy to prepare and cooks in a short time. For maximum flavor, I recommend marinating the chicken for at least 10-20 minutes, but none of that takes away from its crispy deliciousness that comes when making it in the air fryer.
And with very little oil being used in the recipe, it is also one of the healthier dishes to put together for a nightly meal or an easy lunch. Just let the natural juices do its job, and leave your friends and family wanting more.
What to serve with it?
Lemon pepper drumsticks go with just about anything, but I like to serve them with a potato dish such as cheesy potatoes casserole (au gratin) or air fryer garlic fries. You can also serve it with rice, quinoa, or bulger.
How to store it?
You can easily prepare lemon pepper drumsticks in advance, and leave them in the fridge. When ready to eat, just put them back in the air fryer at 380°F (190°C) for 5-7 minutes to make them crispy again.
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of freshly cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- pinch of salt
- Lay the drumsticks out on a paper towel and pat them dry.
- Place all the spices, oil, and juice from the lemons in a bowl and mix together.
- Mix each drumstick around in the spice mixture so that the drumsticks are fully coated.
- Let the chicken marinate for 10-20 minutes in the fridge.
- Then preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Spread the drumsticks into the air fryer basket and set the time to 20 minutes, turning them every 5-10 minutes.
- Open the air fryer to see if they are crispy enough for you, and heat them for a couple more minutes if you wish.
- Serve while warm.
This recipe counts 2 drumsticks per person. You can adjust the quantities as you wish.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 461Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 231mgSodium: 204mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 45g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other Chicken recipes:
- Chicken pie with mushrooms and leeks
- Oven baked BBQ chicken drumsticks
- Instant pot sun-dried tomato chicken stew
- Chicken and brussels sprouts in the oven
- Instant pot chicken and mushroom coconut curry
- Indian-spiced chicken thighs
If you enjoyed that, check out our other delicious air fryer recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!