This Recipe includes
- Chicken – fresh or frozen chicken
- Mushrooms – white button or cremini (brown) mushrooms, but you can also use shitake or button mushrooms.
- Coconut milk – the traditional recipe uses coconut milk, but you can substitute for heavy cream or yogurt if you wish
- Tomato coulis or tomato paste – for that tangy flavor.
Spices and flavoring ingredients:
- Bouillon stock – liquid chicken stock or vegetable stock. You can also use a chicken stock cube along with water, if that is what you have available.
- Garlic – crushed garlic cloves for flavor
- Olive oil – to sauté the garlic.
- Paprika – for that lovely red color
- Parsley – fresh or dried parsley for herb flavor
Why we love it
For a light and healthy meal with a maximum of flavor, you cannot go wrong with a Chicken and mushroom coconut curry. It is a popular Indian dish that consists of a flavorful combination of spices and vegetables cooked in a creamy and fragrant coconut milk sauce.
And cooking it in the Instant pot is an easy answer when you don’t want to spend time watching a stove top. Just add all the ingredients in and in less than 30 minutes, dinner is ready to serve.
Frequently asked questions
1. What to serve with it?
This chicken and mushroom coconut curry goes really well with white or brown rice, which you can cook in the rice cooker at the same time. You can also serve it with naan or pita bread for a change.
2. Can you freeze it?
Yes, this Instant pot chicken and mushroom coconut curry can be frozen and stored for up to a month. Just let it cool before placing in an airtight glass container, before placing in the freezer.
If you like this recipe
- 3 pounds of chicken (approx. 5 pieces of chicken)
- 1 cup of chopped mushrooms (white or cremini)
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup of tomato coulis or 1/4 cup of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 2-3 sprigs of parsley
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Add the olive oil, garlic and onion into the Instant pot and sauté for a couple of minutes until fragrant.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the coconut milk), and set the Instant Pot to High Pressure for 14 minutes.
- Once the countdown has finished, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Open the Instant pot and stir in the coconut milk.
- Press the Sauté button again for 5 minutes to let the sauce thicken.
- Let the chicken and mushroom coconut curry rest for 10 minutes on the Keep Warm function.
- Taste to add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 778Total Fat: 51gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 257mgSodium: 293mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 69g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make in an Instant pot. Bon appétit!