This Recipe includes
|Fresh or frozen chicken|
|Sun-dried tomatoes – sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil|
|Heavy cream – crème fraiche or heavy cream, or you can also use greek yogurt if you wish.|
|Tomato coulis or tomato paste for that tangy flavor. You can also use ketchup, if that is all you have on hand.|
Spices and flavoring ingredients:
|Garlic powder or crushed garlic cloves|
|Coriander (cilantro) – fresh or dried coriander for herb flavor|
|Olive oil – to sauté the garlic.|
|Chicken liquid stock or chicken cube stock in water|
|Lemon – to cut into quarters and serve along side|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
- Chicken thighs and legs are preferable in this chicken stew but boneless chicken is easier to serve, so you can use either.
- You can substitute heavy cream for greek yogurt for a lower fat substitution.
- Be sure to add the cream/yogurt after the Instant pot finishes cooking the chicken, otherwise the creamy chicken will curdle.
Why we love it
For an easy and delicious stew, there is nothing like this creamy sun-dried tomato chicken. Packed with flavor, the sun-dried tomatoes provide a rich, sweet, and slightly tangy flavor that pairs well with the chicken and heavy cream.
And preparing it all in the Instant Pot is quick and easy, making it perfect for those with busy schedules. In 35 minutes or less, you have a wonderfully fragrant stew, without the need for constant monitoring or stirring.
It is the sun-dried tomatoes that give the dish a beautiful reddish-orange color, similar to butter chicken, but with a tart sweetness rather than spice.
It is a hearty and satisfying meal that can goes well with a side of rice or pasta. The rich and savory flavors of the stew are sure to satisfy even the most picky eaters.
What to serve with it?
This creamy sun-dried tomato chicken goes really well with white or brown rice, which you can cook in the rice cooker at the same time. You can also serve it with pasta, naan or pita bread for a change.
How to store it?
This sun-dried tomato chicken stew can be frozen and stored for up to a month. Just let it cool before placing in an airtight glass container, before placing in the freezer.
- 3 pounds of chicken (approx. 6-8 large cuts chopped into smaller pieces)
- 1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes (6-8 pieces)
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste (or ketchup)
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 lemon (to cut into quarters and serve along side)
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the sun-dried tomatoes into small pieces.
- Add the chicken and the rest of the ingredients (except the heavy cream and lemon), and set the Instant Pot to High Pressure for 14 minutes.
- Once the countdown has finished, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Open the Instant pot and stir in the heavy cream.
- Press the Sauté button again for 5 minutes to let the sauce thicken.
- Let the creamy chicken and sun-dried tomato sauce rest for 10 minutes on the Keep Warm function.
- Taste to add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Slice the lemon into quarters and serve along side while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 791Total Fat: 53gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 311mgSodium: 416mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 68g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other Chicken recipes:
- Chicken pie with mushrooms and leeks
- Oven baked BBQ chicken drumsticks
- Air fryer lemon pepper chicken drumsticks
- Chicken and brussels sprouts in the oven
- Air fryer chicken tikka
If you enjoyed that, check out our other simple Instant pot recipes that are quick and easy to make. Bon appétit!