One-pan Creamy Chicken and asparagus
Get the easy one-pan recipe for chicken and asparagus cooked in a delicious cream sauce. With accompaniments, tips, and more.
This Recipe includes
|Fresh boneless chicken|
Spices, herbs and ingredients for flavor:
|Crème fraiche – any type of crème fraiche or plain heavy cream.|
|Crushed garlic powder|
|Fresh or dried parsley for herb flavor|
|Thyme – fresh or dried thyme for that earthy flavor|
|Liquid chicken stock|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
Why we love it
One-pan recipes are a life-saver for busy home cooks and busy weeknights. And among one-pan recipes, this creamy chicken and asparagus is a surprising crowd-pleaser everyone is going to love.
Chicken is versatile to go with anything. But when it’s paired with asparagus, a nutritious and tasty vegetable, it is a match made in heaven. The tender chicken and green asparagus are a perfect combination, especially when combined with a rich and creamy sauce.
All you need is a large skillet, a few ingredients, and you’re good to go for a a delicious meal on the table in less than 30 minutes. The ease of preparation and quick cook time make it a great option for busy weeknights when you don’t have much time to spare before dinner.
You can also substitute the asparagus with any other vegetables you have on hand, such as broccoli, zucchini, brussels sprouts or green beans.
What to serve with it?
This creamy chicken and asparagus goes really well with white or brown rice, which you can cook in the rice cooker at the same time.
You can also serve it with pasta, naan or pita bread for a change.
How to store it?
This creamy chicken and asparagus stew can easily be prepared in advance and kept in the fridge.
You can also freeze it and and store it for up to a month. Just let it cool before placing in an airtight glass container, before placing in the freezer.
When thawing the cream may separate, with water on one side and fat on the other. However, you can just mix it again while reheating.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
Creamy Chicken and asparagus
An delicious recipe for creamy chicken with asparagus made on the stove top.
- 2 pounds of chicken (approx. 3-6 large cuts chopped into smaller pieces)
- 10-15 asparagus sticks
- 1/2 cup of liquid chicken broth
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley (1/2 sprigs of fresh parsley)
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the uncooked chicken into small pieces.
- Heat a large non-stick pan to medium temperature, and cook the chicken for 7-8 minutes with a tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper. Turn the chicken to both sides so that it cooks on both sides.
- Add the asparagus, broth, butter, and garlic powder to the pan and cook for about 4-5 minutes with a cover on top of the pan.
- Add the heavy cream, parsley, and parmesan into the pan and let it cook into the sauces for 2-3 minutes.
- Once it all looks cooked, take off the stove and serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 786Total Fat: 58gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 29gCholesterol: 291mgSodium: 394mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 59g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other chicken recipes
- Instant Pot Creamy Sun-dried tomato chicken
- Instant pot Coconut chicken curry with peppers
- Instant pot Chicken and zucchini
- Instant pot Creamy chicken stew
- Air fryer garlic chicken drumsticks
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!