This Recipe includes
|Fresh or frozen boneless chicken|
|Mushrooms – mix of mushrooms such as white mushrooms, cremini, portobello, button, etc.|
Spices, herbs and ingredients for flavor:
|Crème fraiche – any type of crème fraiche or plain heavy cream.|
|Crushed garlic powder|
|Fresh or dried parsley for herb flavor|
|Liquid chicken stock|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
Why we love it
There is something undeniably comforting and satisfying about indulging in a dish of creamy chicken in mushroom sauce. The combination of chicken and earthy mushrooms a symphony of flavors.
It’s a dish that manages to strike a balance between richness and taste, as well as being very easy to make. With a large pan on the stove top, start off cooking the chicken, slowly adding in the mushrooms, spices and cream.
The stove top method ensures that the chicken remains tender and juicy, while the mushrooms lend their unique umami flavor to the dish. In 30 minutes or less, you have a delicious dish that makes for a very easy cleanup.
Now I’m using boneless chicken, but you can also use boned chicken if you prefer. With just a handful of ingredients and a few spices, you can whip up a restaurant-worthy dish in the comfort of your own kitchen.
What to serve with it?
This creamy chicken in mushroom sauce goes really well with white or brown rice, which you can cook in the rice cooker at the same time.
You can also serve it with pasta, naan or pita bread for a change.
How to store it?
This creamy chicken in mushroom sauce can easily be prepared in advance and kept in the fridge.
You can also freeze it and and store it for up to a month. Just let it cool before placing in an airtight glass container, before placing in the freezer.
When thawing the cream may separate, with water on one side and fat on the other. However, you can just mix it again while reheating.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
- 2 pounds of chicken (approx. 3-6 large cuts chopped into smaller pieces)
- 2 cups of chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of liquid chicken broth
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley (1/2 sprigs of fresh parsley)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the uncooked chicken into small pieces. (If using frozen chicken, cook the chicken first and then chop it.)
- Heat a large non-stick pan to medium temperature, and cook the chicken for 7-8 minutes with a tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper. Turn the chicken to both sides so that it cooks on both sides.
- Add the mushrooms, broth, butter, and garlic powder to the pan and cook for about 4-5 minutes with a cover on top of the pan.
- Add the heavy cream, and parsley into the pan and let it cook into the sauces for 2-3 minutes.
- Once it all looks cooked, take off the stove and serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 783Total Fat: 58gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 289mgSodium: 337mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 58g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other chicken recipes
- Air fryer garlic chicken drumsticks
- Creamy chicken and brussels sprouts
- Chicken stir-fry rice noodles with broccoli and carrots
- Instant Pot Orange chicken with broccoli
- Instant Pot Tandoori chicken drumsticks
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!