This Recipe includes
|Chicken – fresh or defrosted boneless chicken.|
|Broccoli – fresh broccoli. You can also use frozen broccoli, just let it cook longer on the stovetop.|
|Spring onions – the green part of a spring onion, chopped and served on top.|
|Carrot – fresh grated carrot|
|Asian-style noodles – any type of egg noodles or rice noodles. I’m using rice noodles.|
|Vegetable oil – any type of vegetable oil to cook the chicken and the vegetables.|
|Sesame seeds – plain or toasted sesame seeds|
Spices and flavoring for the sauce:
|Soy sauce – regular or low sodium soy sauce that is salty, not sweet.|
|Ginger – ground ginger powder for flavor|
|Garlic – garlic powder or flakes|
|Tomato sauce – any sort of pureed tomato sauce or coulis|
|Chicken stock – any type of chicken stock or broth.|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
Why we love it
Stir fry is an Asian-inspired dish that is bursting with flavor. Practially speaking, it’s also a great way to use up leftover chicken and vegetables when you simply have no idea what to cook for dinner.
This recipe takes less than 30 minutes, and the only thing you have to really pay attention to is making sure that the chicken is fully cooked.
Then just combine the rest of the cooked ingredients, and dinner is served!
What to serve with it?
How to store it?
This chicken noodle stir fry can easily be prepared in advance, and kept for at least a couple of days in the fridge. You can keep it in these glass containers, which also can serve to transport a packed lunch.
- 250g (1/2lb) of boneless chicken
- 2 cups of broccoli
- 1 chopped spring onion
- 1lb (500g) of rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of sesame seeds
- 1/2 grated carrot
- 1/4 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce or coulis
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce (low-sodium)
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- In a large pot, cook the noodles according to package instructions.
- Once the noodles have been cooked, drain the water.
- Cut the chicken into thin strips.
- In another small bowl, mix the ingredients for the sauce.
- In a large wok or saucepan, cook the chicken at medium heat for 5-7 minutes with the vegetable oil, until completely cooked.
- Move the chicken to a separate plate.
- Add the broccoli, carrots, and white part of the spring onions to the wok and cook in the sauce until softened.
- Add the chicken and the noodles back into the wok and mix throughly until the sauces cover everything.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and the chopped green portion of the spring onions.
- Serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 1031mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 15g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other chicken recipes
- Orange chicken stir fry with mushrooms
- Oven baked BBQ chicken drumsticks
- Oven baked chicken and brussels sprouts
- Instant pot Sesame oil chicken
- Air fryer paprika chicken
- Air fryer chicken tikka
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!