This Recipe includes
|Seafood – any type of seafood such as shrimp, calamari, scallops, mussels, etc. I’m using a prepackaged frozen mix of various seafoods.|
|Spinach – fresh or baby spinach|
|Vermicelli rice noodles – any type of vermicelli noodles, I’m using flat vermicelli flat pad-thai noodles.|
|Carrot – fresh grated carrot|
|Butter – to cook the garlic|
|Garlic – crushed garlic clove for flavor|
For the soy peanut sauce:
|Soy sauce – low-sodium soy sauce to control the amount of salt|
|Peanut butter – to serve as the peanut base|
|Lemon juice – for a taste of sour|
|Garlic – garlic powder or flakes|
|Brown sugar – for a touch of sweet to counteract the soy sauce|
|Rice vinegar – for a touch of sour|
|(Optional) Red chilli or pepper flakes – for a bit of spice|
- I’m using a low-sodium soy sauce in the recipe, which you can substitute for regular soy sauce, if you wish. Just watch for the salt content! Note, do not use sweet soy sauce, as it will quite change the flavor of the dish.
Why we love it
There is something about vermicelli noodles that just feels perfect on a warm summer night. In this Asian-inspired recipe, vermicelli noodles are combined with healthy spinach and carrots in a bowl that is at once delicious and nutritious.
The vermicelli bowl is then topped with seafood cooked simply in butter and garlic and then served with a sumptuous and creamy soy peanut sauce on the side.
What to serve with it?
How to store it?
This seafood vermicelli noodle bowl can easily be prepared in advance, however I would suggest keeping the seafood separately from rice noodles and vegetables.
Keep everything in glass containers until ready to assemble. When ready to eat, heat the seafood quickly in the microwave, and then assemble them with the soy peanut sauce on the side.
Vermicelli noodle bowl with seafood
- 250 g of vermicelli rice noodles
- 250 g 0.5 lb of seafood (shrimp, calamari, scallops, mussels, etc.)
- 1 cup of shredded fresh spinach
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
Soy Peanut sauce
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Optional 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- Soften the butter and mix in the crushed garlic in a saucepan at a medium temperature.
- Place the seafood in a pan and sauté for 5 minutes with the parsley. Make sure not to overcook as it will become rubbery.
- Cook the vermicelli rice noodles in a large saucepan according to packet instructions.
- In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, peanut butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder, lemon juice, and rice vinegar together to make the sauce.
- Chop the spinach and grate the carrot into small portions
- In individual serving bowls, serve the noodles and top off with the seafood, spinach, and carrots. Serve the sauce on the side.
- Serve at room temperature.
Other Seafood recipes
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!