This Recipe includes
- Soy sauce – low-sodium soy sauce. (Do not use sweet soy sauce, it will have quite a different taste.)
- Rice vinegar – for a taste of bitter
- Brown sugar – for a touch of sweet
- Peanut butter – to serve as the peanut base
- Lemon juice – for a taste of sour
- Garlic – garlic powder or garlic flakes
- (Optional) Red pepper flakes – for a bit of spice
Why we love it
If you’re in the mood for a new take on a peanut sauce, then this recipe for soy peanut sauce is for you! It’s a nice twist on the creamy Thai peanut sauce with coconut milk, being lighter that the traditional version.
The tanginess of the peanut butter combined with the saltiness of the soy sauce makes for a delicious dipping sauce or accent to any Asian-inspired meal.
Frequently asked questions
1. What to serve it with?
This delicious soy peanut sauce can be served with dishes like these potstickers, pork belly, or seafood spring rolls. It is very versatile and can served with anything from grilled beef to fresh vegetables.
2. Can you prepare it in advance?
Yes, this soy peanut dipping sauce can easily be kept the fridge or freezer in an airtight glass jar. Place it in small containers as it will spoil if you try to unfreeze and refreeze it. In order to defrost, place in the fridge for about a day to let it defrost naturally.
If you like this recipe
- 1/2 cup of low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- (Optional) 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, peanut butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder, lemon juice, and rice vinegar together to make the sauce.
- Whisk fully to combine.
- If you would like it to be thinner, add a couple of tablespoons of water.
- Serve at room temperature.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 608mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other delicious sauce recipes that make you can easily. Bon appétit!