This Recipe includes
|Potstickers – any type of frozen potstickers, gyozas, or dumplings|
|Vegetable oil with a high smoking point like avocado, sunflower, or peanut oil.|
Dipping Sauce ingredients:
|Soy sauce – low-sodium soy sauce to control the amount of salt|
|Ginger – ground ginger spice|
|Sesame oil for flavor|
|Garlic – garlic powder or flakes|
|Brown sugar – for a touch of sweet to counteract the soy sauce|
|Rice vinegar – for a touch of sour|
Why we love it
If you love appetizers and finger foods, you will love these air fryer frozen potstickers. They are easy to make, healthier than the pan-fried versions, and above all, delicious. (If you have an Instant pot, I’ve also prepared a batch of steamed potstickers, if you want to compare.)
Making frozen potstickers at home is a great way to enjoy this appetizer without spending hours in the kitchen. As delicious as they are, traditional potstickers can be a lot of work to make.
It is much simpler to pick up a batch of frozen ones and stick them in the air fryer. Whether they are veggie potstickers or filled with meat or seafood, with this Air fryer frozen dumpling recipe, they should come out perfectly light and crispy to even win over the pickiest eaters.
What to serve with it?
These air fryer potstickers will go quite well as a starter, with another asian-inspired dish as the main, like Instant pot ramen or sesame oil chicken. You can serve it with a soy peanut sauce, or this creamy coconut peanut sauce.
How to store it?
These air fryer potstickers can easily be made in advance, and will keep quite well for at least a day or so. Let them cool and then place them in an airtight container in the fridge.
To warm them back up, you can place them back in the air fryer for 1-2 minutes at 390° (195°C).
- 10-12 frozen potstickers
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil (in a spray)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar
- pinch of ginger powder
- (Optional) 1 teaspoon sriracha
- Take the potstickers directly out of the freezer, without letting them thaw.
- Preheat the air fryer to 370°F (190°C) for 4 minutes.
- Place the potstickers in the frying basket and spray them with a bit of oil.
- Cook for 10 minutes for about 10 minutes, flipping and turning over the potstickers 4-5 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dipping sauce together and blend throughly.
- Check if the potstickers are crispy enough for you, and if not, cook for an additional couple of minutes.
- Serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 297Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 421mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 11g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic appetizer recipes that are easy to make. Bon appétit!