Homemade Bruschetta salsa on mini toasts
An easy bruschetta salsa recipe that can be served as an appetizer or a savory snack. With accompaniments, tips and more.
This Recipe includes
|Tomatoes – any type of tomatoes will do, such as tomatoes on the vine, campari, roma or plum tomatoes.|
|Red onion – for sharpness|
|Mini toasts – small pieces of toasted bread or baguette|
|(Optional) Smoked ham – smoked ham or jambon cru can be a great addition for taste|
Spices and flavoring ingredients:
|Olive oil – to add flavor|
|Garlic powder – you can use crushed garlic if you don’t have garlic powder, but be sure to crush it well.|
|Parsley – for flavor and presentation|
|Lemon juice – for a bit of tang|
|Balsamic vinegar – for flavor|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
- Any type of tomatoes will do will do in this recipe, such as tomatoes on the vine, campari, roma or plum tomatoes. You could mix in several types, including some smaller tomatoes such as cherry or grape tomatoes.
Why we love it
Salsa with bruschetta salsa is a great summer appetizer that can be prepared in a short amount of time. Whether it is for party guests or just to spice up a weekend dinner, this is a great dish to make in less than 10 minutes and serve with nice crusty bread, crackers or chips.
It makes for a perfect accompaniment to a cold beer or glass of wine. And compared to the store-bought variety, this bruschetta salsa recipe is made with natural ingredients and without any additives. Meaning that you can enjoy even more of it 😉
What to serve with it?
Along with bruschetta salsa and toasts, consider serving a lighter meal like salad niçoise or a pasta dish like carbonara pasta. Other serving ideas are alongside a creamy chicken or sautéed squid.
How to store it?
The salsa can easily be kept in the freezer. Drain some of the excess liquid from the sauce and put it in an airtight glass jars designed for freezing.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
An easy salsa bruschetta recipe, with tomatoes, ham (jambon cru) and balsamic vinegar.
- 3 medium-sized tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- juice from a 1/4 lemon
- 2-3 leaves of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- pinch of garlic powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 6-8 Toasted bread
- (Optional) 2-3 slices of smoked ham
- Using a fork and a sharp knife, cut the tomatoes into small chunks and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Chop the onion and parsley and add to the chopped tomato mixture.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the ham) and mix in.
- Place in the fridge for around 10 minutes.
- Lay out the toasted bread on a baking sheet.
- Start preheating the oven at at 375°F (190°C).
- Gently scoop out the tomato mixture onto each piece of bread.
- (Optional) Top off each piece of bread with a small piece of ham.
- (Optional) Place the baking sheet in a preheated oven for 5 minutes at 375°F (190°C).
- Serve while warm or room temperature.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 199mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 4g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other tomato recipes
- Roasted tomatoes with garlic and parsley
- Italian marinara sauce with crushed tomatoes
- Air fryer roasted cherry tomatoes
- Italian salsa (Salsa cruda di pomodoro)
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic appetizer recipes that are easy to make. Bon appétit!