This Recipe includes
|Fresh or dried parsley for herb flavor|
|Shallot flakes or onion powder|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
Why we love it
Is there anything more delightful than these tiny delicious cherry tomatoes full of flavor exploding with taste in your mouth? I think not! And when you roast them in the air fryer, you get to a whole new combination of tart and sweet that you can’t help falling in love with.
With the air fryer, you can have perfectly roasted cherry tomatoes in just minutes. You can also use this recipe to make roasted cherry tomatoes in the oven, but I find the air fryer with its timer more convenient.
Now, the one big recommendation I would have with roasting cherry tomatoes in the air fryer is to use an oven-friendly bowl to put the tomatoes in, into the air fryer. Otherwise you risk losing all those wonderful cherry tomato juices at the bottom of your air fryer, rather than in your plate.
I also like to add some herbs, olive oil, and salt and pepper in it, to just give it that added oomph. The hot air circulating around the tomatoes creates a crispy exterior while the heat caramelizes the natural sugars in the tomatoes, giving them an extra burst of sweetness.
What to serve with it?
How to store it?
You can easily prepare these air fryer roasted tomatoes in advance, and leave them at room temperature for a few hours or in the fridge.
When ready to eat, you can eat them as is, or put them back in the air fryer at 380°F (190°C) for 5 minutes to make them warm again, or serve them at room temperature.
- 1 lb (450g) of cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of shallot flakes or onion powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- pinch of dried parsley flakes
- Wash the cherry tomatoes.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves and place in a bowl that can go in the air fryer.
- Add the olive oil, salt, pepper, and parsley into the bowl with the cherry tomatoes and mix so that the tomatoes are evenly covered.
- Preheat the air fryer to 340°F (170°C).
- Place the cherry tomatoes in the air fryer basket and cook for 8 minutes, tossing the basket every so often so that it cooks evenly.
- Remove from basket and serve the cherry tomatoes while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 63Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other tomato recipes
- Vegetarian tomato tartare
- Roasted tomatoes with garlic and parsley
- Wheat berry salad with feta and cherry tomatoes
- Homemade Bruschetta salsa
If you enjoyed that, check out our other delicious air fryer recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!