This Recipe includes
|Bread – any type of unsweetened bread will do, but I’m using plain sliced bread that I cut into small pieces. (You can also use baguette.)|
|Butter – plain butter or salted|
|Garlic – garlic powder or flakes for flavor.|
|Basil – dried or fresh basil for flavor.|
|Vegetable oil – any type of vegetable oil with a high smoking point like avocado, sunflower, or peanut oil.|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
Why we love it
If you’re looking for a simple way to add some extra flavor and texture to your salads, look no further than seasoned croutons. And with the air fryer, these homemade croutons can be prepared in less than 10 minutes and are perfect for salads, soups, or any dish that needs a little crunch.
I also like them since they are much healthier than the store-bought version since they are no additives and preservatives.
You can use any sort of bread, such as sliced bread, whole wheat or plain, baguette, etc. You can also use older bread which you may otherwise discard.
What to serve it with?
These seasoned croutons go well on a salad like this spinach tahini yogurt salad, but you can also use them as a topping in soups like this carrot soup, as a stuffing, in a chilli con carne, and more.
How to store it?
These seasoned croutons can last quite well for quite a few weeks, as long as they don’t get humid. Place them in an airtight glass container, and leave them at room temperature until ready to eat.
- 2 pieces of sliced bread
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil (avocado or sunflower oil)
- 1/2 tablespoon of dried basil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Cut the bread into small pieces.
- Places the butter in a microwable bowl and heat for 1 minute till it is warm.
- Mix the garlic powder, basil, salt and pepper into the melted butter.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390°F (195°C).
- Toss in the bread so that the seasoned butter lightly covers each crouton.
- Place the croutons in the air fryer basket and cook for 4-5 minutes, shaking the basket occasionally.
- Check if the croutons are at desired texture, if not cook for a couple of minutes more.
- Serve when ready.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 126Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 132mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other salad toppings that you can make easily. Bon appétit!