Air fryer apple chips
These air fryer apple chips make for a delicious and nutritious snack at any type of the day, as well as a healthy salad topping.
This Recipe includes
|Apple – any type of red apple such as mcintosh, empire, honeycrisp, etc|
|(Optional) Grated nutmeg or cinnamon – for that additional touch of flavor|
Type of apples
You can use any type of apples you want in this recipe, depending on your personal preferences:
- Cripps Pink apples are known for their pink skin and sweet, juicy flavor.
- Empire apples have a red skins, and a sweet, slightly tart taste.
- Gala apples have a yellow or red skin, and are sweet and crunchy.
- Golden Delicious apples have a yellowish skin and a sweet, mild flavor.
- Granny Smith apples usually have a green skin and a tart, tangy flavor.
- Honeycrisp apples have a red or green skins, and are known for their honeyed mild flavor.
- McIntosh apples have a red or green skins, and are known for their tart flavor.
Why we love it
If you love apples, then you’ll want to indulge in this easy apple chip recipe. These chips are easy to make and can be eaten as a guilt-free snack any time of the day.
With much more flavor than ordinary potato chips, you’ll wonder why you didn’t make them in your air fryer before. Perhaps the only tricky part is trying to figure out where you put your mandoline slicer!
Now I’ve made these apple chips without cinnamon or nutmeg, as well as with, they are just as delicious. As long as you have ripe and juicy apples, your apple chips are likely to come out wonderfully.
So if you have grated cinnamon or nutmeg in your pantry then use it, if not try it without ;). I recommend only using either cinnamon or nutmeg though, not both at the same time.
What to serve with it?
These air fryer apple chips have a lovely tangy flavor and don’t necessarily need an accompaniment. You could serve them as a topping on a salad or with other snacks such as these air fryer zucchini chips or these air fryer sweet potato wedges.
How to store it?
Air fryer apple chips tend to retain a lot of water, so I don’t recommend cooking them too much in advance. If you do want to prepare it a couple of hours beforehand, leave it in a dish at room temperature.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
Air fryer apple chips
An easy fruity snack with apple in the air fryer, for when you have a craving for something light and healthy.
- 1 medium-large red apple
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- (Optional) pinch of grated cinnamon or nutmeg
- Wash and cut the apple into thin slices, using a mandoline slicer if possible.
- Place the sliced apple onto a paper towel and pat it to absorb as much of the water as possible.
- Put the apple on a large plate. (Optional: Sprinkle the grated cinnamon or nutmeg liberally.)
- Spray the basket with the vegetable oil.
- Preheat the air fryer to 370°F (190°C).
- Place in the air fryer basket, leaving space between the slices so that they don't stick to each other. You may have to cook in batches if necessary.
- Cook for 10 minutes, tossing the basket every so often so that it cooks evenly.
- Remove from basket and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 215Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 4gSugar: 19gProtein: 0g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other easy snack recipes that are healthy and delicious. Bon appétit!