This Recipe includes
|Vegetable oil with a high smoking point like avocado, sunflower, or peanut oil.|
|Garlic powder or flakes|
|Paprika – smoked paprika for a bit of heat.|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
Type of sweet potatoes
You can use any type of sweet potatoes for this recipe. However, the best type of sweet potatoes for crispy wedges are the Beauregard which is the most common sweet potato around, or the Jewel which is slightly less sweet.
Why we love it
If you want to enjoy the taste of fried sweet potatoes potatoes but don’t want all the grease and fat that can come with them, these air fryer sweet potatoes flavored with herbs and spices may be just what you are looking for.
French fries with potatoes can get a little repetitive, so these sweet potatoes make for a great alternative when you want something different.
Quick and easy, sweet potato wedges make a delightful side dish or a healthy snack when you’re feeling just a bit peckish. They don’t need to be perfectly cut into fries, the imperfect wedges taste just as good: crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. And of course with plenty of flavor.
You can also make these sweet potato chips, which can be eaten as a snack or as a topping on a salad.
What to serve with it?
Air fryer sweet potatoes make a delicious and easy side dish that you can serve with just about anything. A couple of ideas include serving them with a main dish like breaded alaskan cod, salmon in lemon butter sauce or lemon pork chops with mushrooms.
How to store it?
You can easily prepare air fryer sweet potato wedges in advance, and leave them in the fridge. When ready to eat, just put them back in the air fryer at 380°F (190°C) for 5 minutes to make them crispy again.
Air fryer sweet potato wedges
- 4-5 medium size sweet potatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons avocado or sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Peel the skin of the sweet potatoes using a peeler.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into wedges.
- Lay the sweet potato wedges out on a kitchen towel or on paper towels and pat them dry.
- Place them in a bowl and add the oil and spices.
- Mix around so that the sweet potatoes are fully coated.
- Then preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Spread the wedges into the air fryer basket and set the time to 12 minutes, shaking the basket frequently. Don't stack the wedges, or they won’t cook evenly. You can prepare the fries in batches if necessary.
- Open the air fryer to see if they are crunchy enough for you, and heat them for a couple more minutes if you wish.
- Serve while warm.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other delicious air fryer recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!