This Recipe includes
- Pork chops – boneless pork loin chops, about 6-8 oz each
- Mushrooms- fresh mushrooms such as white mushrooms, cremini, button, etc.
- Lemon – a couple of tablespoons of fresh lemon juice for the sauce
Spices and flavoring ingredients:
- Garlic – garlic powder or flakes is preferable as a rub into the pork chops
- Paprika – for flavor
- Basil – dried basil is preferable to rub into the pork chops
- Parsley – dried or fresh parsley
- (Optional) cayenne pepper – for a bit of heat
Why we love it
Pork chops sometimes have a reputation for being bland, but it all depends on the marinade and the cooking. With lemon pork chops, you can make a quick and delicious dinner, without much effort.
Add a few mushrooms in there at the right time, and you have a one dish meal from the oven that will add a ton of flavor and protein while making it less of a hassle to clean up.
The key to cooking pork chops is making sure the pork is cooked but not overcooked or dry. The pork chops shouldn’t be pink, because that would mean they are undercooked, and you will risk getting sick. Don’t hesitate to check on the meat and cut a portion of it towards to end to see at what point it is cooking.
You can also use a meat thermometer to make sure your chop is perfectly cooked which is around 145° F (62°C).
Frequently asked questions
1. What to serve with it?
Lemon pork chops with mushrooms goes quite well with plain white rice or quinoa. You can also serve it with mashed,
scalloped, or au gratin potatoes, steamed broccoli, roasted carrots, green beans, etc.
2. Can you prepare it in advance?
Yes, cooked lemon pork should keep in the freezer, as long as you keep it in an airtight container. After 1-2 months, the pork may still be safe to eat, but its texture and flavor may not be as good.
I don’t recommend freezing the mushrooms however, they will likely absorb moisture and not taste as good.
If you like this recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, about 6-8 oz each
- 1 cup of chopped fresh mushrooms (white, cremini, etc)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1-2 sprigs of fresh parsley
- pinch of salt and pepper
- (Optional) 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) degrees.
- Combine the lemon juice, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, basil, and cayenne in a small bowl and stir well to combine.
- Brush the lemon mixture over both sides of the pork chops.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the pork chops look slightly brown.
- Chop the mushrooms and the parsley.
- Take out of the oven and add the chopped mushrooms and parsley into the same tray.
- Toss the mushrooms lightly so that the sauces from the pork cover the mushrooms.
- Place back in the oven and cook for another 10-15 minutes until the pork looks done. (This will depend on the thickness of the pork chops.)
- Take out of the oven and let rest 5 minutes.
- Serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 24g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!