This Recipe includes
|Pork belly – fresh boneless pork belly (as opposed to frozen or smoked)|
|Garlic powder or flakes|
|Dried oregano flakes|
|Fresh or dried thyme|
|Fresh or dried parsley|
|(Optional) Cayenne pepper – for a bit of spice|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
Why we love it
While pork bellies are always delicious, a delicious provencal-style marinade will take them to the next level. With a mixture of herbs and savoury spices, this oven-baked pork belly recipe has a little kick of garlic to give it a slight tangy flavor.
This is one dish that will have all your friends and family reclaiming for more.
What to serve with it?
You can also cut them into bite-size pieces and use them on top of a salad instead of bacon such as on this salad with bacon, goat cheese, and creamy garlic dressing.
How to store it?
This oven-baked pork belly can easily be prepared in advance, and then heated up in the microwave when ready. Keep everything in glass containers until ready to eat.
- 6-8 pieces of pork belly
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- (Optional) 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the spices together.
- Add the pork belly into the bowl and cover each one generously with the spice mixture.
- Preheat the oven for 5 minutes at 400°F (200°C).
- Place the pork belly a large casserole dish and place in the oven for 45 minutes, flipping the pork belly every 15 minutes or so.
- Serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 186Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 37mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 7g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other pork recipes
- Spiced pork belly pasta
- Baked lemon pork chops with mushrooms
- Bacon and mushroom quiche
- Air fryer pork chops with garlic and herbs
- Air fryer bacon
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!