Sautéed Garlic Parsley Potatoes
Get the easy recipe for garlic parsley potatoes that makes an excellent side dish for any meal. With optional ingredients, accompaniments, tips, and more.
This Recipe includes
|Medium-sized potatoes – any type of potatoes such as yukon gold potatoes or russet potatoes.|
|Garlic – crushed cloves garlic, but you can also use garlic powder or flakes if you are in a hurry|
|Parsley – handful of fresh parsley|
|Olive oil – to cook the garlic|
|Butter – for flavor|
|(Optional) Bacon – for a one dish meal|
|(Optional) Mushrooms – white button or cremini (brown), or button mushrooms|
|Salt and pepper|
Why we love it
Garlic and parsley are two herbs that go very well together. And when you add potatoes to the mix, you have a delicious side dish that can accompany just about any main.
It is such a quick, easy and simple recipe to make, and you can even add some ingredients like bacon or mushrooms to turn it into a one-dish meal.
What to serve with it?
Garlic parsley pototoes make an excellent side dish with a piece of meat like a filet mignon or a sizzled pork chop. You can also serve it at a main dish with a side of vegetables like steamed green beans or a starter of roasted tomatoes.
How to store it?
If you with to freeze garlic parsley potatoes, I recommend undercooking them slightly. Let them cool, and then place in an air-tight container in the freezer. When you are ready to eat them, place them back on the stove and finish cooking.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
Sautéed Garlic Parsley Potatoes
A hearty garlic parsley potato recipe that can be served as a main or side dish.
- 4-5 medium sized potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 100g of butter (1/4 cup)
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- handful of minced parsley
- pinch of salt and pepper
- (Optional) 1 cup of chopped white mushrooms
- (Optional) 1 cup of chopped bacon lardons
- Wash the potatoes and peel them if you wish.
- Boil the potatoes in water over the stove for around 10 minutes and drain the water.
- Let the potatoes cool slightly and chop into 1/2 inch regular slices.
- Crush the garlic and chop any optional ingredients.
- In a large skillet or wok, sauté the garlic in oil for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes to skillet, along with the butter.
- Add the chopped parsley, salt, pepper, and optional ingredients to the wok.
- Stir the potatoes around and cook at medium-high heat for around 30 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and lightly crispy.
- Serve while warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 513Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 545mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 13g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic side dish recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!