This Recipe includes
|Medium-sized potatoes – any type of potatoes such as yukon gold potatoes or russet potatoes.|
|Garlic – crushed cloves garlic, but you can also use garlic powder or flakes if you are in a hurry|
|Parsley – handful of fresh parsley|
|Olive oil – to cook the garlic|
|Butter – for flavor|
|(Optional) Bacon – for a one dish meal|
|(Optional) Mushrooms – white button or cremini (brown), or button mushrooms|
|Salt and pepper|
Why we love it
Garlic and parsley are two herbs that go very well together. And when you add potatoes to the mix, you have a delicious side dish that can accompany just about any main.
It is such a quick, easy and simple recipe to make, and you can even add some ingredients like bacon or mushrooms to turn it into a one-dish meal.
What to serve with it?
Garlic parsley pototoes make an excellent side dish with a piece of meat like a filet mignon or a sizzled pork chop. You can also serve it at a main dish with a side of vegetables like steamed green beans or a starter of roasted tomatoes.
How to store it?
If you with to freeze garlic parsley potatoes, I recommend undercooking them slightly. Let them cool, and then place in an air-tight container in the freezer. When you are ready to eat them, place them back on the stove and finish cooking.
Sautéed Garlic Parsley Potatoes
- 4-5 medium sized potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 100 g of butter 1/4 cup
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- handful of minced parsley
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Optional 1 cup of chopped white mushrooms
- Optional 1 cup of chopped bacon lardons
- Wash the potatoes and peel them if you wish.
- Boil the potatoes in water over the stove for around 10 minutes and drain the water.
- Let the potatoes cool slightly and chop into 1/2 inch regular slices.
- Crush the garlic and chop any optional ingredients.
- In a large skillet or wok, sauté the garlic in oil for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes to skillet, along with the butter.
- Add the chopped parsley, salt, pepper, and optional ingredients to the wok.
- Stir the potatoes around and cook at medium-high heat for around 30 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and lightly crispy.
- Serve while warm.
If you enjoyed that, check out our other classic side dish recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!