Air fryer Bacon and Avocado sandwich
Find out how to cook this bacon and avocado sandwich quickly in the air fryer, for a perfectly delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner.
This Recipe includes
|Pork bacon. (You can also use chicken or turkey bacon.)|
|Shredded cheese (gruyère, cheddar, emmental, etc.)|
Spices, herbs and ingredients for flavor:
|Crushed garlic powder|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
Why we love it
Crispy warm bacon and thick creamy avocado, along with lovely cheese toppings, what could be better? A bacon and avocado sandwich made quickly in the air fryer, of course!
There’s just something about the ease of using an air fryer that makes everything taste better. The bacon turns out perfectly every time, with the hot air circulating around and cooking it evenly and crisping up those delicious fatty bits.
And the bread comes out perfectly toasted, ready for a quick sandwich assembly with a delicious mashed avocado filling. The natural creaminess of the avocado is the perfect complement to the crispy bacon, and along with some cheese, lemon, salt and pepper.
When you’re hungry and craving a quick snack, the air fryer makes quick work of the bacon and avocado sandwich. And you can customize it to your liking with some tomato, or even a fried egg if you’re feeling adventurous.
What to serve with it?
You can serve this delicious air fryer bacon and avocado sandwich along with a dish like this spinach salad with tahini dressing or this greek salad with olives and feta.
You can also serve it with a soup like this carrot potato soup.
How to store it?
This air fryer bacon and avocado sandwich can easily be prepared at least a few hours in advance, and then heated up in the microwave when ready.
Keep everything in glass containers until ready to eat.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
Air fryer Bacon and Avocado sandwich
Cook delicious bacon and avocado sandwiches quickly in the Air fryer with this easy recipe.
- 8-10 pieces of bacon
- 4 pieces of bread
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Remove the skin of the avocado and the pits. Place the avocados in a large bowl.
- Mash the avocados until it is smooth, along with the salt, pepper, lemon juice, garlic powder and paprika.
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 350°F (175°C).
- Toast the bread lightly in the air fryer for 4 minutes. (Cook the bread in batches if necessary, depending on the size of your air fryer.)
- After the bread is toasted, remove from the air fryer.
- Place the strips of bacon carefully in the (hot) air fryer basket. Don't overcrowd the basket, make in batches as necessary.
- Cook for the bacon for 6 minutes.*
- Open the air fryer to see if the bacon is crispy enough for you, and heat them for a couple more minutes if you wish.
- Place two bread slices on a plate, and add the avocado mash on one slice of bread, along with the shredded cheese and bacon on the other slice. Close the sandwich, and repeat for the 2nd sandwich.
- (Optional) Once the sandwiches are closed, add more cheese to the top of the sandwich if you wish.
- Put the sandwiches in the air fryer and cook for 1 minutes at 350°F (175°C).
- Serve while warm.
* Bacon usually cooks quickly so cook for 6 minutes and see if it is crispy enough for you, depending on your air fryer.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 854Total Fat: 61gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 40gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 1471mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 15gSugar: 5gProtein: 35g
Note: We are not certified nutritionists and these estimates are approximate. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This website is written and produced for entertainment purposes only.
Other pork recipes
- Bacon and goat cheese salad with creamy garlic dressing
- Instant pot bacon and mushroom risotto
- Oven-baked pork belly (provencal-style)
- Pork belly bites on gyro
- Bacon and mushroom quiche
If you enjoyed that, check out our other delicious air fryer recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!