This Recipe includes
|Pork belly – fresh boneless pork belly (as opposed to frozen or smoked)|
|Garlic powder or flakes|
|Red chilli powder – for a bit of heat and a lovely red color|
|Fresh or dried coriander, also known as cilantro|
|(Optional) Cayenne pepper – for a bit of spice|
|Pinch of salt and pepper|
Why we love it
The classic pork belly is an incredibly flavorful cut of meat like no other. Heartier and more textured than bacon, it is one dish that cooks perfectly air fryer, leaving you with a crispy and tender piece of meat.
It is cooks much faster in the air fryer than in the oven, although you may need to cook it in batches depending on how much pork belly you are cooking.
Note, I’m not using any oil when cooking the pork bellies in the air fryer, as there is enough fat on there to cook without needing to add any more.
What to serve with it?
How to store it?
This air fryer pork belly recipe can easily be prepared in advance, and then heated up in the microwave when ready. Keep everything in glass containers until ready to eat.
Air fryer pork belly with spices
- 6-8 pieces of pork belly
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried coriander
- Optional 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the spices together.
- Add the pork belly into the bowl and cover each one generously with the spice mixture.
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400°F (200°C).
- Place the pork belly on air fryer basket for 15 minutes, flipping the pork belly every 7 minutes or so. (Don't overcrowd the basket, make in batches as necessary).
- Open the air fryer to see if they are crispy enough for you, and heat them for a couple more minutes if you wish.
- Serve while warm.
Other pork recipes
- Spiced Pork belly pasta
- Oven-baked pork belly (provencal-style)
- Pork belly bites on gyro
- Bacon and mushroom quiche
If you enjoyed that, check out our other delicious air fryer recipes that you can make easily. Bon appétit!